Writing an entry-level accounting resume seems challenging due to a lack of practical experience in hand. But, don’t let this myth overcome you.
Keep in mind that although the competition can be high, the position is still entry-level, meaning that your competitors probably don’t have experience too.
At this point, your resume and cover letter will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd.
How to Write a Compelling Resume for Entry Level Accounting Position?
- Focus on your education, strengths, knowledge, and skillset; it will give you a definite edge over others.
- Make a one-page resume using relevant keywords and precise bullet points.
If you have just graduated/changed your career and are looking for an effective resume for an entry-level accounting position, the following resume sample will help you in creating your resume.
Sample Resume for Entry Level Accountant With No Experience
825 Forest View Avenue
Sioux City, IA 63534
Seeking a position as an Accountant with Core Technologies. Bringing knowledge of general accounting procedures to assist the office with its periodic accounting processes.
Associate of Science in Accounting
Sioux Accounts College – Sioux City, IA – 2022
- Accounting Foundations
- Principles of Economics
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Taxation and Compliance
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Commercial Law
- Good knowledge of coordinating, monitoring, and participating in monthly accounting procedures.
- Strong know-how in organizing the preparation of periodic financial reports.
- In-depth understanding of reconciling outstanding payments.
- Well-versed in issuing purchase orders and managing verification procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiar with automated accounting systems including ERP
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Capable of analyzing trends and variances
Parker and Parker – Sioux City, IA
Jan 2022 – May 2022
- Assisted the accounting manager in day to day accounting tasks
- Entered A/P and A/R, processed payments, and organized client billing folders, and procedure documentation.
- Performed general office duties: filing, scanning, mail processing, and data entry.
- Provided support for the annual audit.
- Assisted Accounting Manager with different projects.
- Reconciled bank statements and ledger accounts.
- Helped with daily cash balancing.
- Updated management reports.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in a high volume environment
- Physically dexterous to work for extended periods of time
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of liabilities and payment obligations