Writing an entry-level accounting resume can seem challenging due to a lack of practical experience in hand. But, don’t let this myth overcome you. Keep in mind that although the competition can be high, the position is still entry-level, meaning that your competitors probably don’t have experience too. At this point, your resume and cover letter will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd.
How to Write a Compelling Resume for Entry Level Accounting Position?
- Focus on your education, strengths, knowledge, and skillset; it will give you a definite edge over others.
- Make a one-page resume using relevant keywords and precise bullet points.
If you have just graduated/changing career and are looking for an effective resume for an entry-level accounting position, the following resume sample will help you in creating your resume.
Recommended: Entry Level Accounting Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Resume for Entry Level Accountant With No Experience
825 Forest View Avenue, Sioux City, IA 63534
Seeking a position as an Accountant with Core Technologies utilizing knowledge of general accounting procedures to assist the office with its periodic accounting processes.
Associate of Science in Accounting
Sioux Accounts College – Sioux City, IA – 2020
- Accounting Foundations
- Principles of Economics
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Taxation and Compliance
- Business Statistics
- Financial Accounting
- Commercial Law
- Good knowledge of coordinating, monitoring, and participating in monthly accounting procedures.
- Strong know-how in organizing the preparation of periodic financial reports.
- In-depth understanding of reconciling outstanding payments.
- Well versed in issuing purchase orders and managing verification procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiar with automated accounting systems including ERP
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Capable of analyzing trends and variances
Parker and Parker – Sioux City, IA
Jan 2020 – May 2020
- Assisted the accounting manager in day to day accounting tasks
- Entered A/P and A/R, processed payments, organized client billing folders, procedure documentation.
- Performed general office duties: filing, scanning, mail processing, and data entry.
- Provided support for the annual audit.
- Assisted Accounting Manager with different projects.
- Reconciled bank statements and ledger accounts.
- Helped with daily cash balancing.
- Updated management reports.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to work in a high volume environment
- Physically dexterous to work for extended periods of time
- Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of liabilities and payment obligations