Writing an entry-level accounting resume can seem challenging due to lack of practical experience in hand. But, don’t let this myth overcome you.
Keep in mind that although the competition can be high, the position is still entry-level, meaning that your competitors probably don’t have experience too.
At this point, your resume and cover letter will differentiate you from the rest of the crowd.
Entry Level Accounting Resume Tips
• Focus on your education, strengths, knowledge and skill set; it will give you a definite edge over others.
• Make a one-page resume using relevant keywords and precise bullet points.
If you have just graduated/changing career and are looking for an effective resume for an entry-level accounting position, the following resume sample will help you in creating your resume.
Entry Level Accountant Resume No Experience
825 Forest View Avenue, Sioux City, IA 63534
Seeking a position as an Accountant with Core Technologies utilizing knowledge of general accounting procedures to assist the office with its periodic accounting processes.
Associate of Science in Accounting
Sioux Accounts College – Sioux City, IA – 2018
|• Accounting Foundations||• Business Taxation and Compliance|
|• Principles of Economics||• Business Statistics|
|• Cost Accounting||• Financial Accounting|
|• Accounting Information Systems||• Commercial Law|
• Good knowledge of coordinating, monitoring and participating in monthly accounting procedures.
• Strong know-how of organizing the preparation of periodic financial reports.
• In-depth understanding of reconciling outstanding payments.
• Well versed in issuing purchase orders and managing verification procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
• Familiar with automated accounting systems including ERP
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Capable of analyzing trends and variances
Parker and Parker – Sioux City, IA | Summer 2012
• Assisted in day to day accounting tasks: entered A/P and A/R, processed payments, organized client billing folders, procedure documentation.
• Performed general office duties: filing, scanning, mail processing, and data entry.
• Provided support for the annual audit.
• Assisted Accounting Manager with different projects.
• Reconciled bank statements and ledger accounts.
• Helped with daily cash balancing.
• Updated management reports.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work in a high volume environment
• Physically dexterous
• Strong interpersonal and multitasking skills
• Knowledge of liabilities and payment obligations
- Entry Level Accounting Clerk Resume Sample
- Accounting Internship Resume No Experience
- Accounting Clerk Resume No Experience
- Accounting Achievements