Even though the entire resume is usually read with a lot of interest by prospective employers who want to hire the best, the objective is the part that usually takes up the most of this “interest”.
The objective is what tells an employer (initially) that you are capable of communicating your worth to him or her.
And since communication is the key feature that employers look for in employees, this can do a lot for your cause as a possible employee.
If you are unable to communicate your worth through a short, three-line objective, you may be deemed as someone who cannot fit in well.
The objective does not only communicate your communication skills. By reading what you have written in the objective statement, the employer can gauge how well you fit into his plans for the company’s future.
So a resume objective is not just important – it is extremely necessary to put it in. However, you cannot just write anything in an objective. You have to be precise and yet provide a huge amount of information regarding who you are and what you can do.
An objective statement will mark the beginning of your resume – and since it is an established fact that first impressions matter, make it sizeable.
Here are a few examples of resume objective statements for an entry-level accounting resume to help you decide how to word your own:
20 Sample Objectives for Entry Level Accounting Resume
1. Fresh and energetic Accounting Graduate looking for a position at Greenscape providing the benefit of knowledge of accurately and timely posting and payment of accounts payable invoices.
2. Recent accounting graduate seeking an Accounting Assistant position at CORP employing skills in reconciling accounts payable schedules and effectively maintaining financial records.
3. A thorough and dedicated individual looking for Accountant position at AGT Co. Exceptional skills in preparing monthly reimbursable backups and handling both accounts payable and receivable activities in an accurate and prompt manner.
4. Highly skilled Accounting Graduate looking for a position at City Builders to contribute to its bottom line. Deep familiarity with periodical statistical reports, handling vendor invoices, and coding credit card receipts from multiple users. Effectively able to adjust journal entries and review expenses.
5. Greenville Technical College’s recent accounting graduate looking for an Accounting Assistant position at Hughes Network Systems. Offering proficiencies in working with spreadsheets and sales and purchase registers, preparing statutory accounts, and reconciling financial accounts.
6. Recent accounting graduate seeking a challenging entry-level position. Ability to learn specific accounting tasks quickly and apply them appropriately to get the perfect results.
7. To work as an Accounting Intern for Westler. Offering knowledge of reconciling bank statements, maintaining account databases, and posting financial data to appropriate accounts.
8. New graduate Accountant, looking for a position at Flowers 800, applying knowledge derived from accounting education to help the company meet its accounts management objectives.
9. To work as an Accounting Intern for The Art Museum, leveraging inherent ability to handle cash deposits, and oversee accounts receivable with the ultimate goal of helping the company grow and prosper.
10. Recent accounting graduate, with a solid academic background, seeking a position as an Accountant at Tee Series. Offering know-how of reconciliation and reimbursement to help the organization achieve its business purposes.
11. Resourceful and meticulous individual looking for an Accountant position at Four Seasons. Boasting an excellent academic record in accounting, exceptional accounting, and finance talent, to deliver excellence through well-placed accounts management procedures.
12. Interested in working as an Accountant for ESC Region where my ability to manage and report financial information for the organization will be fully utilized to ensure process improvements.
13. In search of an Accountant position at Lake Granbury Medical Center, leveraging knowledge obtained from an accounting degree, targeted at helping businesses meet their specific goals.
14. Fresh and enthusiastic accounting graduate, anticipating an accounting assistant position at Welfare Associates. Offering 3-month internship experience, and acquired accounting and finance skills to help the organization grow and prosper.
15. Exceptionally talented high school graduate looking for an Accounting Internship position at Lowe’s where I can effectively implement my knowledge of the work in a highly dynamic work environment.
16. To make use of my excellent knowledge of accounting principles and procedures in an Accounting Intern role at Academy Bank, with the sole purpose of contributing to the organization in a positive manner.
17. Highly organized and hardworking individual, recently graduated from ABC business school, currently looking for an Accountant position at Troon Golf, where I can continue to grow in a professional environment while contributing effectively to the success of the company.
18. To secure a challenging Accountant position at West Coal Company, where I can offer my ability to handle simple and complex accounting procedures in a highly stimulating work environment.
19. Seeking an entry-level accounting position at Bellaview to begin my career in a high-level professional environment, leveraging skills in creating and implementing core accounting procedures.
20. Dedicated individual, seeking a career path as an Accounting Intern at Western Mine. Offering a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and computerized accounting systems to help the company meet its core accounting and finance objectives.