What are resume accomplishments?
Accomplishments are anything that an individual does which has had a high positive impact on the company.
For instance, a sales manager’s accomplishment will be a certain percentage of an increase in sales.
Similarly, a customer service representative accomplishment will be a high level of customer satisfaction or retained business.
Every individual’s accomplishments are directly in sync with what they do as a profession.
And it is this parity that we have to focus on when filling out the accomplishments section on our resumes.
How to Write Accomplishments on an Accountant Resume?
The accomplishments section of the accountant resume can be tricky to write.
Many job seekers think of everyday accountant duties as accomplishments. In fact, duties are not accomplishments.
A duty is anything that we do daily, as part of our job description.
On the other hand, an accomplishment is something that we achieve to benefit the company while we are attempting our daily duties.
Understanding this difference is what is going to get you to write this section correctly.
When you write an accountant’s accomplishment, think of numbers, dollar signs, and percentages. If an employer knows that you increased sales by 60% for instance, he will be able to gauge how well you have done.
See also: Accountant Cover Letter
Let us give you some examples of accomplishments statements that an accountant can put on their resume:
Accountant Accomplishments and Achievements for Resume
1. Revamped the accounting system, which ended up in increased efficiency in handling accounting controls.
2. Reduced paperwork by 50% by converting all accounting procedures to an electronic form.
3. Expanded the accounting department’s efficiency by 30% through rigorous training of accounting staff.
4. Stayed within budget for petty cash disbursement for five years.
5. Directed a team of 58 accounting professionals from foreign offices for an intense training program.
6. Decreased overhead costs by $70000 per year by comparing electricity costs and suggesting the use of alternative energy for all departments across the organization.
7. Reconciled a complex financial statement within 5 hours, which had been stuck in limbo for six months.
8. Introduced the concept of digital distribution agreements, reducing the processing time by 80%.
9. Designed a complex online accounting system that increased efficiency by 50% owing to easy access from all off-state offices.
10. Implemented corrective measures that decreased minor accounting discrepancies by 30%.