When you are applying for an accounting and finance position, it is important that your resume highlights some achievements in this arena.
It must be remembered that your accomplishments could be simple or complex. It depends on what you have done in the past.
Accounting and finance achievements are easy to write if you have kept track of them.
Try to figure out what you have accomplished in the past that has had a positive effect on the company that you were working for. These could include the occasion you cut costs or save the company some money.
It is easy to confuse your skills and job description with achievements.
Your skills will end up creating an accounting achievement.
For instance, your ability to create financial reports on time can eventually lead to an improvement in the company’s accounts.
Concentrating on the skills that brought about the achievements will help you determine the latter easily.
Related: Finance Manager Achievements
To see what achievement statements you can add to your accounting and finance resume, take a look at the following 10 achievements as an illustration.
10 Accounting and Finance Achievements for Resume
- Successfully implemented core accounting and finance procedures, replacing old, unsuitable ones.
- Overhauled individual management budgets, decreasing costs by 25%.
- Singlehandedly managed a team of 15 accounting and finance employees, meeting all deadlines perfectly.
- Developed a complex finance and accounting database, reducing spreadsheet development time from 7 days to 2 days.
- Analyzed clients’ portfolios to determine low-performing accounts, eventually improving account information to increase revenue.
- Implemented regulatory standards, effectively meeting financial reporting requirements and integrity in accounting.
- Introduced a series of accounting software, therefore, reducing time spent on handling accounts by 25%.
- Devised an accounting data accuracy system, resulting in a 50% increase in the accuracy of punched numbers.
- Conferred with department heads to determine their budget receipt requirements. This resulted in increased use of reports and prompt decision-making processes.
- Oversaw all offshore partners’ accounts and finances, without a single discrepancy occurring.