A general ledger accountant resume is nothing more than a peek into an applicant’s life – in the professional sense.
But these windows need to be “clear”.
By using the following sample general ledger accountant resume, you can make sure that your resume is clear enough for a hiring manager to understand:
General Ledger Accountant Resume Example
1937 Island Road, Chicago, IL68137
☏ (000) 524-5214
✉ bettyclark @ email . com
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Successful track record of efficiently and accurately preparing journal entries and posting them to the general ledger.
General Ledger Accountant with a solid track record of effectively and efficiently handling a wide variety of accounting and finance activities. Especially talented in analyzing financial information and programs, and preparing a full range of accounting documents.
• Proven ability to reconcile balance sheet accounts on a periodic basis.
• Effectively able to perform fixed asset reconciliations, and assist with annual inventories.
• Qualified to prepare periodic financial statements, in accordance with set protocols and regulations.
|Reconciliation||Data Entry||Petty Cash Handling|
|Financial Reviews||Accounts Processing||Cash Deposits Handling|
|Reporting||Journal Entries Adjustments||Discrepancy Management|
|Auditing Support||Budget Development||Checks Processing|
• Decreased the time it took to perform data entry activities, by introducing a dynamic data entry system.
• Provided auditing support for 5 departments, without a single discrepancy surfacing in any account.
• Devised a dynamic checks processing system, which was considered 85% more efficient than the one already being followed.
• Streamlined cash depositing activities, making the process more secure, and less cumbersome to follow.
General Ledger Accountant
Olympia Entertainment, Chicago, IL | 2011-Present
• Analyze general ledger accounts, and reconcile deferred revenue, and unpaid accounts.
• Process all accounts receivable credit memos, and act as a backup for periodic closing activities.
• Process and complete daily cash deposits, and create sales entries for all departments.
• Generate trial balances, and other financial reports, and provide assistance in preparing financial statements.
• Prepare and review account reconciliations, and maintain charts of accounts.
• Post company journal entries, and closing schedules, along with performing account balance reviews.
• Review and analyze financial results, and ensure that they are communicated to them management.
• Review all entries to determine if any discrepancies are evident, and ensure that they are resolved immediately.
Apmex Inc., Chicago, IL | 2002-2011
• Handled the documentation for both accounts receivable and payable on a daily basis.
• Performed month and year end closing activities, and ensured that reconciliations were properly managed.
• Ascertained that any evident discrepancies were handled in an immediate manner, by following protocols.
• Assisted in the preparation of tax documents, and ensured that they were submitted on time.
• Handled petty cash disbursement activities, and followed up on delinquent accounts.
Chicago University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
SAP General Ledger Accounting
• Reporting tools: SQL, PL/SQL
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint