Career objectives define our career motives to a recruiter who does not know anything about us.
Since the resume is your first connection with an employer, the career objective statement needs to be built upon it so that it can communicate your professional standing in a clear and concise manner.
When you write a career objective or goal, your main purpose should be to reach out to an employer to show them your worth, and what you can do for them. Giving a teaser of what is to come in the rest of the resume is the main purpose of a career objective statement.
While it is not recommended to write an accountant resume objective that spans more than 4 sentences, some people do stretch it to an entire paragraph of 6 lines or more. This may or may not work, depending on what exactly the employer is looking for. To be on the safe side, try to limit your career objective to 1-2 sentences and not necessarily an entire paragraph.
The content of an accountant’s career objective is more important than how long it is. That said, the content needs to be short and relevant.
For examples of how to write a career objective, refer below:
10 Best Sample Objectives for Accountant Resume
Experienced Accountant Objectives
1. Highly competent and experienced Accountant looking for a challenging role at ABC Company. Bringing over 10 years of successful track record of preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries to effectively compile and analyze accounting information.
2. Certified Public Accountant, eager to contribute to ABC Company by using my expertise in substantiating financial transactions, auditing documents, maintaining accounting controls, and preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
3. Detail-oriented accountant seeking a challenging role at ABC Company. Bringing 8 years of hands-on experience in documenting financial transactions, recommending financial actions, and analyzing accounting options to orchestrate the smooth flow of accounting operations.
4. Well-organized and hardworking Accountant with over 5 years of dedicated experience in financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate. Poised to adjust journal entries, create purchase requisitions, conduct billing, and reconcile ledger statements at ABY Company.
5. Top-performing Accountant seeking employment at TripleNet Technologies. Excited to use my competencies in preparing financial statements, analyzing a company’s accounts, and ensuring compliance with financial reporting and standard accounting procedures.
6. Highly competent and organized Accountant looking for a position at Verizon. Eager to provide effective financial reporting and risk analysis support by using my skills in researching and analyzing accounting data.
7. Results-driven accountant with 4 years track record of planning, organizing, and administering accounting systems for individuals and establishments. Energetic to work for AAA Company where I will be able to compile and present accounting reports and financial statements in accordance with the company’s directives.
8. Looking for an Accountant position with a renowned firm where a proven track record of examining accounting records and preparing financial statements and reports will be fully utilized.
Entry-Level Accountant Objectives
9. Recent accounting graduate eager to work for ANC Company. Enthusiastic to contribute by using my knowledge of computing taxes, preparing tax returns, organizing and maintaining financial records, and ensuring that statements are accurate.
10. Detail-oriented accounting graduate with a strong desire to work as an accountant for XYZ Company. Bringing exceptional skills in auditing financial information and preparing accounts and tax returns. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation.