Career objectives define our career motives to an employer who does not know anything about us.
Since the resume is your first connection with an employer, the career objective needs to be built upon so that it can communicate your professional standing in a clear and concise manner.
While it is not recommended to write an accountant resume objective that spans more than 4 sentences, some people do stretch it to an entire paragraph of 6 lines or more. This may or may not work, depending on what exactly the employer is looking for. To be on the safe side, try to limit your career objective to 1-2 lines and not necessarily an entire paragraph.
What you write in an accountant career objective is more important than how long it is. The content needs to be short and relevant. When you write a career objective, your main purpose should be to reach out to an employer to show him your worth, and what you can do for him – all in a matter of a few sentences. Giving a teaser of what is to come in the rest of the resume is the main job of a career objective.
For examples on how to write a career objective, refer below:
Sample Career Objectives for Accountant Resume
• Highly competent and experienced Accountant looking for a new challenging role. Bringing over 10 years’ successful track record of preparing asset, liability and capital account entries by effectively compiling and analyzing information.
• To work for ABC Company as Accountant utilizing expertise in substantiating financial transactions through auditing documents, and maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Exceptionally well-versed in documenting financial transactions and recommending financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Well-organized and hardworking Accountant with over 5 years of dedicated experience, seeking a position with ABY. Offers track record of adjusting journal entries, creating purchase requisitions, conducting billing and reconciling ledger statements.
• Top-performing Accountant eager to work for TripleNet Technologies. Competent in administering payrolls and controlling expenditure and income, along with exceptional skills in auditing financial information and preparing accounts and tax returns.
• Highly competent and organized Accountant looking for a position at Verizon. Offering deep insight into providing financial reporting and risk analysis support, and compiling and presenting accounting reports and financial statements in accordance with the company’s directives.
• Looking for an Accountant position with a renowned firm where a proven track record of handling accounting work in a busy office environment will be fully utilized. Well-versed in auditing financial information and administering payroll and tax returns.