An assistant accountant resume is a 1-page document that consists of different sections, such as:
• Summary or Objective Statement
• Work Experience and Accomplishments
• Professional Skills
On the other hand, there are a few things that must never be part of a resume, such as:
• Social security number
• Date of Birth
• The term “references available on request.”
• Your professional phone number or email address such as [email protected]
By omitting these from your resume, you are doing yourself a great favor as you are getting rid of unwanted information and concentrating on more essential resume components.
Related: Assistant Accountant Cover Letter
Study the example below to get ideas:
Sample Resume for Assistant Accountant Position
88 Louisiana Avenue, Knoxville, TN 88585
lisawhite @ email . com
- 7+ years’ progressive experience in processing payments and financial transactions according to specified accounting principles.
- Highly talented in maintaining accounting records and reconciling bank statements.
- Skilled in verifying financial reports by running performance analysis software and handling reconciliations.
- A hardworking individual who has a demonstrated expertise in calculating payments to make sure that they are accurately posted in the system.
- Able to manage petty cash transactions and to keep records of spent monies in predefined accounting systems
G3 Enterprises, Knoxville, TN
• Reconciled particularly difficult accounting reports that have been in limbo for four months.
• Introduced the concept of electronic spreadsheets, reducing preparation time by 30%.
• Implemented an accounting coding system, increasing system efficiency by 70%.
• Processed 50+ payments and documents such as invoices and journal vouchers per day.
• Calculated rates and price extensions and verify items billed against ordered items.
• Entered, updated, and retrieved accounting data from automated systems.
• Posted financial data to accurate accounts in accordance to provide instructions.
• Retrieved system reports and assign codes to accounting data.
AES Inc, Knoxville, TN
• Converted the entire accounting system from paper format to electronic format within six months.
• Maintained accounting database by entering data into set electronic accounting database and processing backups.
• Disbursed funds by using manual warrants and petty cash and endorsed money orders.
• Reconciled accounts to ensured that any problems are fixed, and discrepancies are addressed in real-time.
• Calculated salaries and benefits and handle daily bank deposit postings.
• Assisted with year-end audits and provided reports on creditors and debtors.
Golden Nugget, Knoxville, TN
• Collected invoices and receipts and posted them into predefined accounting databases
• Handled bank reconciliation and balancing activities and posted bank receipts on a daily basis
• Assisted in year-end audit analysis and budget preparation activities
• Created reports on debtors and creditors and performed follow up activities
• Assisted in quarterly VAT return preparation and completed sales invoices and reports
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Knoxville Accounting School, Knoxville, TN – 2008
• Credit Control
• Debt Management
• Statutory Accounts Management
• Refund Voucher Preparation
• Automated Accounting Systems
• Petty Cash Management
• Accruals and Prepayments
• Reports Verification
• Codes Assigning
• Budget Preparation