The objective and resume summary statements are the first section and an important part of the tax accountant’s resume. A resume that begins abruptly with the skills section, or the education section, is considered less professional.
Depending on your level of experience, you either start your resume either with an objective or summary statement.
If you have less than 5 years of experience in hand, opt for the objective statement. If you have more than 5 years of experience in hand, then use a summary statement instead of an objective.
Sample Objectives for Tax Accountant Resume
The resume objective has a pretty strong purpose, which is to introduce the candidate to the hiring manager.
Tax accountant resume objectives open your resume gently, paving the way for the rest of the resume to be read. Typically, it provides information about your skills and competencies, and passion to work for the prospective employer.
If you are unsure of how a resume objective is written, have a look at the following samples drafted for the position of tax accountant:
Experienced Tax Accountant Resume Objectives
1. Highly experienced Tax Accountant, with 5+ years of extensive exposure to devising tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments., seeking employment at Lockheed Martin. Eager to use my exceptional skills in assisting with tax compliance processes and audits, and monitoring tax notices.
2. Tax Accountant with over 4 years of experience in preparing tax payments, estimating and tracking tax returns, and completing periodic tax reports, looking for employment at Micro Focus. Offering exceptional skills in recommending tax strategies that align with business goals, and identifying tax savings.
3. A Tax Accountant position at Red Robin where my 3+ years’ successful track record of creating tax collection systems, and preparing and updating tax provision schedules will be fully utilized. Expert in researching and correcting process errors.
4. To obtain a position as a Tax Accountant with HCA Corporate. Enthusiastic to provide the benefit of my exceptionally well-placed proficiencies in preparing tax returns and schedules, administering compilation of state tax allocations, and designing all tax disclosures and accruals in collaboration with corporate controllers.
5. Seeking a position as a Tax Accountant at Liberty Global. Bringing expertise in creating and implementing tax deferring strategies, processing tax returns, and managing all internal tax deliverable matrixes.
6. Driven and detail-oriented accounting professional desires the Tax Accountant position with AAA Company. Energetic to leverage my exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use tax returns and accounting programs.
7. To secure a Tax Accountant position with AWA Company where my 2+ years of tax accounting experience will translate to the company’s growth and increased profits.
8. Tax Accountant position at XYZ Company, utilizing more than 1 year of experience in assessing tax directives and preparing perfect tax reports to provide perfect tax filings and improve profits.
Entry Level Tax Accountant Objectives (No Experience)
9. Seeking an entry-level Tax Accountant position with ABC Company. Poised to utilize extensive knowledge of legal tax procedures, as well as accounting tools and computer programs.
10. Self-directed accounting and finance graduate looking to contribute to ABC Company in the capacity of a Tax Accountant. Bringing accounting, reasoning, and problem-solving skills to surpass the goals of the company.
Tax Accountant Resume Summary Examples
The summary is a short paragraph about your competencies. It needs to highlight information regarding your experience and skills.
Here are 5 examples of resume summaries for a tax accountant position, which you can look through, to write your own:
11. Highly passionate tax accountant with 10+ years of experience in preparing tax returns and schedules, and administering compilation of multistate tax allocations. Well-versed in designing tax disclosures, and evaluating expenses.
12. Tax accountant, with over seven years of experience in preparing tax payments, estimating and tracking tax returns, and completing periodic tax reports. Proficient in identifying tax savings, and providing suggestions to increase profits.
13. Resourceful, dedicated, and analytic individual, with 16+ years’ progressively responsible experience in filing federal, state, and local tax documents, by preparing property tax returns, state pages, and quarterly payments. Exceptionally well-versed in identifying the profitability of potential mergers, by analyzing tax information.
14. Exceptionally talented tax accountant, boasting of 10 years’ track record of success preparing estimated federal, and state income tax payments, and performing yearend accrual reviews. Deep familiarity with reviewing corporate tax returns for completeness and accuracy, and assisting with research planning according to the current tax impact of proposed company activities.
15. Proactive, seasoned, and experienced tax accountant, with exceptional strengths in devising tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payments, creating tax collection systems, completing tax return reporting, and negotiating with tax authorities over tax payment issues.