An individual applying for an accountant position at several places should write a different cover letter for each company.
How do you make sure that your cover letter is exceptionally written?
There are no rules for writing the perfect cover letter for an accountant’s resume. However, you might want to follow some useful formats.
Citing examples from your most relevant experiences in your cover letter is a great way to convince a potential employer that you are a perfect match for their requirements.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Accountant Position?
- Briefly state the reason why you are writing, and mention the position title and the source of the advertisement.
- Explain why you are the ideal candidate for an accountant position.
- Highlight your relevant achievements, skills, and experience – give examples wherever possible.
- Only mention the most pertinent qualifications that will prove you as an above-average candidate.
- Keep the details safe for your interview.
Refer to the 2 accountant cover letter samples below to get a better idea.
Accountant Cover Letter Sample 1
54 St Peter Street
Letart, WV 54274
May 4, 2022
Ms. Patricia Gomez
Manager Human Resources
72 Cooper Way
Letart, WV 77666
Dear Ms. Patricia:
I was excited to learn that [Company Name] is seeking an Accountant for the Letart office. With my strong and diverse accounting background, I am convinced that I would be a valuable asset to your accounting and finance department.
My qualifications include:
- Accounting education: My master’s degree in accounting from West Virginia State University and the Accounts Plus courses that I completed are sufficient to handle even the most complex accounting tasks.
- Current CPA designation: Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- 15 years of experience in corporate and not-for-profit organizations.
- Technology savvy with in-depth knowledge of using famous accounting software to ensure error-free accounting systems.
With many years of experience handling the accounting needs of large companies and a deep understanding of tax returns, maintenance of financial records, best practices recommendations, and auditing know-how, I believe I am a perfect fit.
Offering this and more, I would like to meet with you to discuss the possibility of being part of your organization soon. I will call you on Friday to set up a meeting date and time and can be contacted at (000) 444-8547.
Thank you very much for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Accountant Cover Letter Sample 2 (Less Experience)
May 4, 2022
Mr. Mike Cantrell
509 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Dear Mr. Cantrell:
I am writing to apply for the Accountant position at OmniVision Technologies. My educational background in accounting, hands-on experience, and refined accounting skills makes me an excellent candidate for this position.
Through my work at Dallas County as a staff accountant for six years, I gained expertise in maintaining accounting books and records, processing payments and monthly payrolls as well as preparation of flawless accrual and journal entries. I am proficient in carrying out ratio analysis not only as a work procedure, but it has also been a constant practice during my undergrad accounting projects.
I enjoy working in a team as well as individually. Flexibility, adaptability, honesty, and firm belief in workplace ethics are the qualities that distinguish me from others. Moreover, I can also benefit your firm with my strong analytical and organizing capabilities.
My accounting and communication skills are evident from the attached resume. It will be an honor for me to work for your prestigious company utilizing my extensive accounting background. I’d welcome a chance to discuss my relevant qualifications and experience in an interview. I’ll call your office after two weeks to follow up. If you require any other information, you can contact me at (000) 400-7030.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Related: Accountant Resume Sample