The car washers are responsible for the washing care and maintenance of the cars. They clean the interior and exterior of streetcars, automobiles, buses, railway cars and subway cars. This includes vacuuming, waxing, polishing and prepping the cars, checking fluid levels, and changing tires.
A candidate for this position must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven attention to detail and ability to listen to instructions, work in a team environment and effectively resolve issues with a positive and cheerful attitude.
The main purpose of a Car Washer Resume is to help you show that you have the required skills and experiences essential to be successful in the car washing job. A resume is a billboard for yourself, and optimistically it will influence the reader that s/he invites you to interview for this position.
Following is a standard resume sample for car washer. You may tailor this sample per requirements while applying for job.
Car Washer Resume Sample
33 Example 8th Avenue ♦ Columbus, OH 65221 ♦ (901) 999-9777 ♦ Email
Seeking a Car Washer position with the Enterprise Rent-A-Car which will require me to utilize my skills, abilities and experience in car washing and maintenance to ensure the clients’ satisfaction and recurring business.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS (or STRENGTHS for applicants having no experience)
• Over 1 year of experience as a car washer
• Highly skilled in washing, detailing and general car care
• In-depth knowledge of different car washing techniques
• Hands-on experience in maintaining vehicles including wash, wax, and interior care
• Demonstrated ability to maintain cleanliness of wash bay, shop and work areas
• Able to perform light maintenance on fleet vehicles such as oil changes, mount and balance tires
• Superb communication skills – both verbal and written
• Dedicated and careful — high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Bilingual – Fluent in English and Portuguese
Jan 2011 – Dec 2011
Parking Solutions Inc. – Columbus, OH
Part Time Car Washer
• Cleaned vehicle external area by hand, brush and by operating washing equipment
• Polished, dried and cleaned vehicle windows, lights, windshields, mats and exterior body manually
• Vacuum, shampoo, add air freshener and clean vehicle interior
• Determined requirement and added windshield fluid, gas, oil, water and antifreeze
• Performed basic maintenance check
• Assisted with local automobile deliveries
• Performed other job-related duties as assigned
High School Diploma – June 2011