Studying commerce offers a broad range of careers that you can eventually pick up. The dictionary describes commerce as “an activity of large scale buying and selling” – this definition involves a lot in itself so students who are studying for a commerce degree can apply for internships (or full time jobs if they have graduated) in companies that require sales or marketing personnel.
Technically, a resume written for a student who is studying commerce needs to highlight his knowledge of how business prospects of a country are affected in different economies. This knowledge is essential to companies who indulge in activities that include transferring goods from people who produce them to the ones who consume them.
Typically, your resume should first portray what your “major” is. Depending on your interest, you might want to major in accounting, business law, economics, finance, human resource management, marketing or management. The position you eventually land up with will depend on what your focus is. The following resume sample written especially for a commerce student may help you in writing your own. Have a look!
526 Ridge Way ● Newark, DE 82372 ● (999) 999-9999 ● j.robertson @ email . com
Looking for a Commerce Intern position with Saks Incorporated. Offering exceptional knowledge of supporting key digital commerce initiatives and assisting in strategic initiatives. Functional knowhow of merging technologies and competitive threats in both regular commerce and ecommerce arenas.
• Demonstrated knowledge of creating new product templates for different types of products by remaining within the original product concept
• Familiar with promoting digital and online aspects of a huge array of brands
• Able to perform detailed and targeted research activities aimed at determining product scopes
• Comprehensive knowhow of analyzing competitors’ profiles to drive conversion
|– Ecommerce||– Leadership||– Project management|
|– Digital commerce||– Detail orientated||– Technology proficient|
Bachelor of Commerce, Delaware State University, Newark, DE July 2014
Cumulative GPA: 3.1/4.0
Commerce Intern | Magid Glove & Safety, Newark, DE, 6/2013 to 9/2013
• Assisted in reviewing existing products to ensure accurate information
• Created new product descriptions for each product under the brand name
• Researched and implemented marketing programs by employing core methods and tools
• Contributed to promotions, sales and social media presence by providing input from a commerce point of view
• Performed research regarding competitor’s profiles and provided valuable feedback to help in meeting standards
• Assisted with ecommerce activities such as website copywriting and other tactics to improve social media presence