What is all the fiasco related to grocery store cashier resume writing? Is it a new thing? It is.
Resume writing was never considered a problem until the world began moving so fast that keeping up with it became a task.
With quickly emerging competition and the general attitude of employers who want more than the best now, the need for better employees has also become high.
Hence the pressure on writing a good grocery cashier resume is increased.
Take a look at the resume samples below and you can write a resume that will be considered better than good.
See also: Grocery Store Cashier Cover Letter
Grocery Store Cashier Resume Sample 1
85 East Street, Berea, KY 10256
robni @ email . com
Customer service-oriented with 13 years’ extensive experience of working as a cashier in retail settings. Well-versed in handling sophisticated POS systems along with providing advice to customers. Demonstrated expertise in using equipment such as scanners.
• Proficient in balancing cash drawers and handling associated discrepancies to ensure that they do not affect end accounting procedures.
• Competent in providing customers with product information to increase sales.
• Adept at processing cash and credit and debit card payments by ensuring the accuracy of transactions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• POS Control|
• Bank Deposits
• Price Identification
• Cash Accounts Management
• Cash Drawer Balancing
• Wrapping and Bagging
|• Basic Bookkeeping|
• Checkout Monitoring
• Exchange and Return Processing
• Complaint Handling
• Shelves Stocking
• Carry out Services Management
• Implement a sophisticated POS system, hence, significantly reduced the chances of cash errors
• Introduce a cash drawer balancing system, reducing discrepancies by 30%
• Work as a store clerk for two months in the absence of an employee and increase sales by 30%
Grocery Store Clerk
MINIT MART, Berea, KY | Mar 2005 – Present
• Retain an important client who was dissatisfied by the way he was handled by providing him monthly discount coupons
• Greet customers and ensure that a store representative is servicing them
• Check prices of goods on the specific requests of customers and sales representatives
• Welcome customers who arrive at the cash counter and ring their purchases on the POS
• Total bills and provide customers with a figure that they need to pay
• Process cash and credit and debit card payments and ensure that change and receipts are provided
• Assist in bagging groceries or instruct baggers to correctly bag items according to their type and weight
• Arrange for purchases to be delivered to customers’ vehicles and process returns and exchanges according to company policies
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift and ensure that any discrepancies are handled immediately
TOWN PUMP, Berea, KY | Jan 2003 – Mar 2005
• Bagged customers purchases by ensuring that items are packed in the right types of bags
• Carried out customers’ purchases to their cars and gathered any stray trolleys
• Assisted store clerks in unpacking and displaying items on shelves
• Cleaned and maintained all counters and cash points
• Assisted in servicing returns and exchanges by providing logistical help such as determining dates of purchase
High School Diploma
COOPER HIGH SCHOOL, Berea, KY – 2002
Grocery Store Cashier Resume Sample 2
John M. Anderson
56 Wilson Street, Houston TX 32666
john @ email .com
Grocery Store Cashier
Dedicated, practical, and passionate professional seeking a position as a Cashier.
• Over 3 years of experience as a Cashier in the retail sector.
• Thorough understanding of cash handling procedures.
• Pleasant appearance and professional demeanor.
• Well-versed in retail practices.
• Skilled in using barcode readers, scanners, and computers to enter cash and billing information.
• Good attention to detail
• Finding unique ways to assist people
• Profound ability to use logic and reasoning to make substitute solutions
• Competent at using computers for data entry purpose
Grocery Store Cashier
Star Mart, Houston, TX | 2017-Present
• Greet customers and guide them with the appropriate sections
• Receive payment from customers by cash and credit cards
• Categorize prices of goods using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners
• Calculate total payments received and reconcile with the sum of sales
• Resolve customer complaints if required
FreshCo, Houston, TX | 2015-2017
• Calculated money in cash drawers at the beginning and the ending of shifts to ensure amount accuracy and sufficient change
• Maintained checkout areas of the grocery store in a clean and sanitary condition
• Weighed items to verify prices
High School Diploma
Sunset Public School, Houston, TX – 2012
English and French
Strong professional references available on request