What is all the fiasco related to grocery store cashier resume writing? Is it a new thing? It is.
Resume writing was never considered a problem until the world began moving so fast that keeping up with it became a task.
With quickly emerging competition and the general attitude of employers who want more than the best now, the need for better employees has also become high. Hence the pressure on writing a “good” resume is increased.
But have no fear! Just look through the resume samples below and you can write a resume that will be considered better than good.
Grocery Store Cashier Resume Sample 1
85 East Street ● Berea, KY 10256 ● (000) 145-7485 ● robni @ email . com
• Customer service-oriented with 13 years’ extensive experience of working as a cashier in retail settings.
• Well-versed in handling sophisticated POS systems along with providing advice to customers.
• Demonstrated expertise in using equipment such as scanners.
• Proficient in balancing cash drawers and handling associated discrepancies to ensure that they do not affect end accounting procedures.
• Competent in providing customers with product information with a view to increase sales.
• Adept at processing cash and credit and debit card payments by ensuring accuracy of transactions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• POS Control||• Basic Bookkeeping|
|• Bank Deposits||• Checkout Monitoring|
|• Price Identification||• Exchange and Return Processing|
|• Cash Accounts Management||• Complaint Handling|
|• Cash Drawer Balancing||• Shelves Stocking|
|• Wrapping and Bagging||• Carry out Services Management|
MINIT MART, Berea, KY | Mar 2005 – Present
Grocery Store Clerk
• Implement a sophisticated POS system which greatly reduced the chances of cash errors.
• Introduce a cash drawer balancing system, reducing discrepancies by 59%.
• Work as a store clerk for 2 months in the absence of an employee and increase sales by 30%.
• Retain an important client who was dissatisfied by the way he was handled by providing him monthly discount coupons.
• Greet customers and ensure that they are being serviced by a store representative.
• Check prices of goods on the specific requests of customers and sales representatives.
• Welcome customers who arrive at the cash counter and ring their purchases on the POS.
• Total bills and provide customers with a figure that they need to pay.
• Process cash and credit and debit card payments and ensure that change and receipts are provided.
• Assist in bagging groceries or instruct baggers to properly bag items according to their type and weight.
• Arrange for purchases to be delivered to customers’ vehicles and process returns and exchanges according to company policies.
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each shift and ensure that any discrepancies are handled immediately.
TOWN PUMP, Berea, KY | Jan 2003 – Mar 2005
• Bagged customers purchases by ensuring that items are packed in the right types of bags.
• Carried out customers’ purchases to their cars and gathered any stray trolleys.
• Assisted store clerks in unpacking and displaying items on shelves.
• Cleaned and maintained all counters and cash points.
• Assisted in servicing returns and exchanges by providing logistical help such as determining dates of purchase.
COOPER HIGH SCHOOL, Berea, KY – 2002
High School Diploma
Grocery Store Cashier Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
John M. Anderson
56 Wilson Street, Houston TX 32666
(000) 254-7454 | john @ email .com
Grocery Store Cashier
Dedicated, practical, and passionate professional seeking a position as a Cashier.
• Over 3 years of experience as a Cashier in retail sector.
• Thorough understanding of cash handling procedures.
• Pleasant appearance and professional demeanor.
• Well-versed with retail practices.
• Skilled in using barcode readers, scanners and computers to enter cash and billing information.
• Good attention to detail
• Finds novel ways to assist people
• Profound ability to use logic and reasoning to make substitute solutions
• Competent at using computers for data entering purpose
Jan 2014 – Present
Star Grocery Store, Houston, TX
Grocery Store Cashier
• Greet customers and guide them the appropriate sections.
• Receive payment from customers by cash and credit cards.
• Categorize prices of goods using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
• Calculate total payments received and reconcile with sum of sales.
• Resolve customer complaints if required.
• Calculate money in cash drawers at the beginning and the ending of shifts to make sure that amounts is accurate and that there is sufficient change.
• Maintain checkout areas of grocery store in a clean and sanitary condition.
• Weigh items to verify prices.
High School Diploma | Sunset Public School, Houston, TX – 2012
English and French
Strong professional references available on request
Last updated on