The main work of a fashion intern is to provide fashion designers with help with the design process.
If you have just graduated from design school and want to work as a fashion intern, you must write a resume to impress the hiring manager with your skills and knowledge.
A fashion intern resume should include the applicant’s ability to handle a wide array of duties such as assisting with fabric cutting, pattern making, and setting up showrooms. It should also provide information on the individual’s knowledge of assisting with photoshoots, and special events.
If you want to gain experience by working as a fashion intern, it is necessary that you show your administrative abilities in the resume. Knowledge of answering phones to provide the right information and capability of monitoring the designer’s or company’s social media outlets should also be part of your resume.
The following resume sample written especially for a fashion intern position will help you write your own:
Fashion Intern Resume Example
733 Free Way Road, Edison, NJ 30012
Fashion design graduate, with excellent knowledge of managing design processes from inception to final styling. Exceptionally talented in conducting marketing research in order to identify new trends, fabrics, and techniques. Able to seek design inspiration from current designs and designers, and create original and inspiring designs from scratch.
Bachelor’ Degree in Fashion Design
New Jersey State University, Edison, NJ – 2019
• Color Theory
• Fashion Business
• Portfolio Management
• Fashion Theory
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Pattern Making
• Trends Determination
• Target Markets Identification
• Garments Sampling
• Fabric Selection
• Production Sketching
• Product Review
Edison DesignHouse, Edison, NJ | 2/2020 – 5/2020
• Assisted in determining designs from scratch
• Conducted market research in order to identify new trends
• Assisted in selecting seasonal themes and making line edits
• Supported the fabric selection and trims the process
• Compiled albums and framed photographs as per instructions
• Developed patterns and performed sewing processes to make samples
• Adobe Suite
• 3D Modeling
• Smart Tailoring
• Apparel Magic
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Volunteered services to make clothes for homeless people, as part of a philanthropy project
• Headed a team of special children, coaching them to be volleyball players