The summary of qualifications section of a Receptionist Resume outlines the transferable skills and abilities of a person as reflected in his /her personality or employment history. This is the first section listed on a receptionist resume and must sum up skills in five to six bullet points. This is also a place where qualities, such as punctuality and sincerity, can be conveyed to the prospective employer that would otherwise not be appropriate under work experience.
Following are some sample summary of qualifications phrases for a receptionist resume. You may select some statements for your resume which are most relevant to your skills and expertise.
Receptionist Summary of Qualifications
• Highly skilled in greeting guests professionally
• Well versed in managing multiple line phone system and handling multiple incoming calls
• In-depth knowledge of directing visitors to the right person
• Committed to provide exceptional customer service to clients and coworkers
• Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
• Adept at giving accurate and detailed information to visitors and callers
• Able to handle difficult clients tactfully
• Exceptional knowledge of computers and relevant software applications
• Demonstrated capability of updating appointment calendars, schedules and maintaining conference rooms
• Proven record of performing clerical duties such as scanning, photocopying and collating
• Thorough understanding of monitoring visitors’ access and issuing passes
• Extremely capable of keeping reception area clean and organized
• Expert in ordering, receiving and maintaining office supplies