A hospice aide gives personal care services to terminally ill patients and performs light housekeeping duties.
They communicate changes in patient’s condition to the RN and manage records to reflect assigned duties set by the RN.
A Hospice Aide resume is a document that summarizes your education, qualifications, work experience, patient care skills, training, and certifications.
It must be tailored to reflect the qualifications and abilities that make you a good fit for the job. If you want to land an interview for a Hospice Aide, you should craft a well-worded and well-organized resume.
Below is a professionally written resume sample for a hospice aide position. You may tailor it as per the employer’s requirements.
Entry Level applicants or career changers with no experience will need to change the experience section.
Hospice Aide Resume Sample
65 4th Street, Ruskin, FL 65987
Known for providing accurate and detailed care to clients – extremely compassionate with excellent patient care skills.
• 4+ years’ experience in personal care and hospice assistance capacities
• Current Florida CNA Certification
• Highly skilled in taking vital signs of patients
• Fully familiar with hospice philosophy
• Adept at preparing hygienic and nutritious foods for clients
• Comprehensive knowledge of light housekeeping including linen changing and bed making
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
• A dependable individual who maintains the confidentiality of patient information and records
|• Oral hygiene
• Hair shampooing
• Providing a range of motion
• Nail and skin care
|• Tub, shower, and bed bath
• Toilet assistance
• Safe transfer and ambulation
[List your accomplishments here]
LifePath Hospice, Ruskin, FL 2013-present
• Provide care consistent with written instructions
• Maintain records of patient care, condition, and progress
• Plan, purchase, prepare and serve nutritious meals to patients and other family members
• Assist with ambulation and exercise
• Report any problems and changes in the patient’s condition to the Hospice Nurse
• Assist with self-administered medication
Personal Care Aide
Brookdale Senior Living, Westlake, OH 2009-2013
• Provided personal care to patients including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene and shampoos
• Changed bed linens
• Took and recorded temperatures and blood pressure
• Assisted in dressing and undressing patients
• Provided care to skin and nails
• Assisted in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the primary care nurse or therapist
• Performed light laundry tasks
• Planned and prepared nutritious meals, including shopping of groceries
• Assisted in feeding the patient
CITY SCHOOL, Ruskin, FL – 2005
Current driver’s license, auto insurance, and reliable vehicle