Resumes which are written by entry level people who are applying for a first job are actually the most difficult to write. Since there isn’t much experience to rely on, candidates need to ensure that they portray their qualifications and relevant skills. For instance, if you are writing a resume for an entry level position of a receptionist, you will need to rely on your organizational and communication skills specifically.
Receptionists are the first people which guests and customers get in contact with when they enter in an establishment. It is important for receptionists to be pleasant in nature, well dressed and “reachable” as they are considered to be the “face” of an organization. Additionally, receptionists are required to be extremely organized and well-informed of the company’s policies.
If you are applying for your first job as a receptionist and are facing some difficulty to prepare a resume, you may use the following resume sample to make an interview winning resume for an entry level Receptionist position.
6779 Steamboat Drive ● Rock Springs, WY 78022
Residence: (000) 111-7411 ● Cellular: (999) 000-9999 ● Email:
CAREER GOAL: To obtain a position as a Receptionist with Media Ocean utilizing exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to manage the company’s front desk area in a proactive and professional manner.
• Excellent knowledge of providing first contact services at the front desk
• Well versed in scheduling appointments and meetings
• Strong familiarity with operating multi-line telephone systems
• Proficient in handling filing systems and correspondence
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Computer: Databases, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Wyoming State University, Rock Springs, WY ● 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Honorary Front Desk Intern
ABC Company, Rock Springs, WY | Summer 2015
• Greeted visitors and provided required information
• Answered and forwarded phone calls
• Maintained company’s database
• Updated mailing lists
• Maintained cleanliness of reception area
COMMUNITY SERVICE AND HONOURS
• Big Sister | May 2011 – July 2012
• Best Buddies | May 2012 – June 2015
• Wyoming AIDS Project Volunteer | 2010 – Present
• Rock Springs Community Service Coordinator | 2009 – Present
• Committed to perform duties according to the company’s policies
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Possess multicultural awareness
• Exceptional work ethics