How to Write an Entry Level Police Officer Cover Letter?
- See the job advertisement carefully and include the required skills in your letter subsequently.
- Give information about your particular knowledge and capabilities that make you the best police officer.
- Add action verbs in order to draw attention to your transferable skills.
- Write a rough draft and re-read at least three times before finalizing it.
- Cautiously proofread your cover letter and have others double‐check what you wrote.
As a fresh candidate with no experience in hand, you may want to get some help from a sample cover letter to apply for this job. Here is a sample to guide you.
Sample Cover Letter for Entry-Level Police Officer With No Experience
7624 Lower Lovelace Road
West Point, GA 5343
October 20, 2020
Mr. Nathan Hall
Manager (Human Resources)
West Point County Office
77 Woodberry Place
West Point, GA 84978
Dear Mr. Hall:
I am writing this letter to express a keen interest in the position of Police Officer at West Point County Office. I have just finished my police training from Acme Police Institute and would now like to utilize the skills and talents in a practical setting.
The following are highlights of my related strengths that make me a perfect candidate for police officer position:
- Highly skilled in patrolling assigned areas in order to maintain public safety.
- Demonstrated ability to investigate crimes in addition to accidents.
- Ability to get substantial evidence while interviewing witnesses
- Well-versed in compiling notes as well as reports.
- Strong knowledge of providing testimony in courts of law.
- Able to arrest criminal suspects.
- Specialized courses in providing emergency assistance to victims of accidents, crimes, and natural disasters.
My hands-on training has taught me how to manage the most adverse of situations. The mock sessions that I had to go through as part of my police education have further instilled in me the analytic capability that should be inherent in a person holding this position.
Furthermore, I have had the opportunity to learn to handle stressful situations that work against the principles of law and order and the way to perform preventive measures to ward off crime. In fact, I am a calm individual that is why I am quite sure of my success in managing adverse situations with much thought and maturity.
As a fresh and high-energy individual, I am very excited to meet you with the intention of discussing this Police Officer’s position in detail. I will call your office after a few days to inquire about the status of my application and can be reached at (000) 245-5241 in the meantime.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Recommended: Police Officer Resume No Experience