Many large companies hire account managers to manage the company’s clients’ accounts and to keep them well-serviced and happy.
Account managers are responsible for looking after client accounts to ensure maximization in sales.
They maintain existing accounts and also look for new clients for the company, and ensure that exceptional client services are delivered to each account holder.
In the event of a complaint, it is up to the account manager to ensure a timely and fair resolution. They are expected to develop, maintain, and nourish trusted advisor relationships with clients in order to ensure client retention and recurring business.
People who apply for this position must make sure that their application credentials are in sync with the needs of the prospective employer.
This may mean specifically outlining client-focused skills when writing a resume.
The following resume sample will help you create your own resume.
Account Manager Resume Sample 1
591 Woodridge Drive, Farmington Hills, MI 83011
dmitri.cohen @ email . com
Process Improvement | Client Satisfaction | Recurring Business Opportunities
• 11+ years’ progressively responsible experience in diverse account management roles.
• Proficient in building long-term client relationships with existing and new contacts.
• Hands-on experience in developing and implementing account strategies and tactics in order to set product directions.
• Proven track record of selling comparable service solutions in order to maximize business value.
• Competent at identifying solutions and providing apt services in order to ensure client retention.
Delta Group, Farmington Hills, MI
2016 – Present
• Achieve set account quota on a consistent basis between the years 2010 and 2013
• Organize workshops to enhance the quality of services thereby increasing efficiency within the department
• Build, maintain and nourish long-term relationships with clients
• Manage day-to-day account tasks for clients
• Communicate with clients to determine their problems and account handling needs
• Play an advisory role by providing consultation
• Conduct client account performance audits
• Analyze and resolve billing discrepancies
• Confer with clients to determine budgets and deliverables
• Manage revenue forecasts on a constant basis
Assistant Account Manager
ABC Company, Honolulu, HI
2011 – 2016
• Prevented loss of three major accounts by providing excellence in account management services
• Increased profitability of the company by 16% within the first year by bringing back ten lost accounts
• Assisted in determining clients’ budgetary requirements
• Formulated service plans in accordance with budgets
• Provided support in handling clients’ accounts in accordance with the company’s policies
• Provided support to account managers in developing reports and handling paperwork
• Maintained electronic documentation of communications
• Prepared finance agreements and maintained diary lists
Bachelor of Business Administration
Hawaii State University, Honolulu, HI | 2005
• Negotiation and account follow-up
• Translating sales processes into revenues
• Computer: MS Office suite, Account Management Software
Account Manager Resume Sample 2
5 Reservoir Avenue, Johnson, RI 77282
Commitment to excellence
Passionate attention to detail
Detail-oriented account manager with 6+ years’ progressively responsible experience as an account manager. Verifiable track record of providing quality sales and services through a multitude of channels, and soliciting business from current and new accounts.
Ripped Fuel – Johnson, RI
2019 – Present
• Discover clients’ business needs and work for appropriate solutions
• Prepare strategies to enhance client relationships
• Conduct reviews of existing accounts on a regular basis
• Target potential leads, and solicit business
• Recommend changes in operations documentation and plan
• Build and maintain the shared understanding of strategies
• Create and maintain the new business pipelines
• Prepare relevant documentation
• Maintain existing clients
• Increased sales by 22% in a single fiscal year by providing proactive support to the marketing and sales campaigns.
• Implemented a client feedback system that takes input from clients to determine the specific needs of individual clients.
Levi Strauss – San Francisco, CA
2016 – 2019
• Gathered, analyzed, and discussed market trends and data with co-workers and clients
• Analyzed portfolio characteristics in the perspective of broader investment themes
• Evaluated risk reports
• Performed attribution research
• Conducted scenario analysis
• Drafted internal presentations
• Prepared client-servicing materials
Bachelor of Business Administration
Johnson University, San Francisco, CA
• MS Office Suite with particular expertise in Excel
“I prudently use persuasion and subtlety.”