Veterinary receptionists perform front desk tasks like all other receptionists but in a vet’s clinic or a veterinary hospital.
While they are not required to have formal animal care training, employers prefer that veterinary receptionists are somewhat comfortable with animals.
The following resume sample is for you if you are looking for a job as a receptionist in a veterinary clinic or hospital.
Veterinary Receptionist Resume Sample
7736 Haver Street
Houston, TX 83938
Seeking a Veterinary Receptionist position at Pets’ Clinic utilizing front desk skills akin to scheduling and customer management.
• Hands-on experience in performing veterinary reception duties and client communication
• Well versed with medical records management and clinical procedures associated with animal care
• Capable of restraining animals and assisting the vet in administering medication and writing prescriptions
• Proven record of handling and processing laboratory samples
Vets and Pets – Houston, TX | Mar 2016 – Dec 2017
• Streamlined the clinic’s medical records by the transition to an electronic system – Increased overall efficiency by50%
• Introduced pet grooming products as part of the retail aspect of the clinic and met sales targets by 88% in the first three months
• Greeted customers as they arrived and provided required information
• Educated customers on clinical procedures and policies
• Scheduled and rescheduled appointments as necessary
• Took telephone calls to provide information and answer queries
• Cleaned and maintained the office area
• Assisted vet with clinical procedures when required
St. Peter’s High School – Houston, TX – 2008
• Friendly personality with excellent people skills
• Willing to contribute to a team
• Knowledge of pet clinical procedures
• Compassionate about animals
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills