If you are a fresh graduate, ready to enter the job market in capacity of an LPN, and are seeking help in creating an impressive resume, you have come to the right place!
Building an LPN resume – when you have no experience in hand – is quite a tiresome task. Since there is only minimal internship experience to mention, the question arises what to write after stating the objective?
Well the answer lies in a skills-based resume. Your aim should be to shift the employer’s focus onto your potential, the skills and expertise that you offer and have acquired through relevant training in the field.
899 North side Lane, Cleveland, OH 98404 | (005) 222-5555 | grace @ email .com
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
SUMMARY: Strongly motivated nursing professional seeking a position as an LPN at a progressive medical facility utilizing matchless patient care and acquired nursing expertise to achieve the highest level of patient care. Exceptional communication skills coupled with cultural sensitivity. Methodical and active personality with genuine compassion for sick people.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Practical Nursing Program | OHIO UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, OH | 2014
Coursework: General Psychology ~ Medication Administration ~ Medical Surgical Nursing ~ Drug Therapy ~ Clinical Foundations of Nursing ~ Intravenous ~ Medical Surgical Nursing ~ Nursing Care of Aged Populations
Associate of Science in Nursing | COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Cleveland, OH | 2013
|• Administering IVs||• Blood Glucose Test||• Wound Care|
|• Medications dispensing||• Physical Assessment||• Immunization|
|• Vital Signs||• Dressing Applications||• Patient/Family Education|
• Working knowledge of advanced patient care protocols
• Adept at maintaining, updating and implementing patient charts
• Well versed in coordinating with the physicians via constant reporting on the patient’s progress
• Proven ability to calm down patients in panic and explain the treatment plans clearly
• Skilled in handling and operating medical equipment including catheters, tracheotomy pipes, and oxygen equipment
EXPERIENCE IN HEALTHCARE ARENA
Nursing Intern | Marie Claire Hospital, Cleveland, OH | Summer 2013
• Assisted the LPN in nursing procedures
• Carried out rounds of ward and monitored the progress of admitted cases
• Spread awareness regarding health issues among patients
Volunteer Nurse | Red Cross Village, Cleveland, OH | Summer 2012
• Examined patients coming in and ensured primary medical facilitation before they were directed to the physicians in charge
• Took brief case history of incoming patients and compiled their case files with bio data and presenting complaints for the doctors’ facilitation
• Ohio Driver’s license
• CPR certified
• Proficient in MS Office Suite