Alright! So you have graduated from a nursing program, and you cannot wait to obtain your first “real” assignment! Wait!
There is something that you are forgetting. Before you begin to think about all the duties that you will perform while working as a nurse, you need to do one thing – write a resume.
When you apply for an RN position, the first document you will be asked to provide is a resume.
And this is where your first test commences.
As a newly graduated nurse, you will have to prove to the employer that you know everything that he requires.
But since you do not have the benefit of experience, you might wonder how you can do this.
As a nurse, you must surely have worked in a hospital or clinical environment as part of your training.
It is the experience that you can rely on, even if you do not consider it as experience.
The skills that you have derived from doing so will be your savior. Quantify all that you possess and make this information come alive on your resume.
Does it seem challenging to do? Maybe, but it isn’t. Writing an entry-level resume, you will need to provide information under only a few relevant heads.
Here is how you can do this:
See also: RN Cover Letter No Experience
New Grad RN Resume with No Experience
1826 Highway Road Brighton, IA 54618
aidabell @ email. com
NEW GRADUATE REGISTERED NURSE
Dedicated, hardworking nursing graduate with exceptional skills in providing medical care, including care coordination, counseling, and client advocacy. Well-versed in contributing to the maintenance of an environment that promotes safety, security, and wellbeing of patients.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Iowa Registered Nurse License # 251104 (2018 – Present)
First Aid and CPR – American Heart Association (2014)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Iowa State Nursing College, Brighton, IA – Apr 2021
- Health Assessment
- Therapeutic Communication
- Cultural Competence
- Community Health
- Psychiatric and Mental Health
• Qualified to observe and record patient behavior by ensuring constant vigilance and observation
• Proficient in establishing treatment plans and implementing them according to each patient’s individual medical needs
• Adept at treating medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, and burns
• Highly skilled in handling post and pre-operative procedures including patient preparation and after surgery care
AAA HEALTHCARE, Brighton, IA
(8/2020 – 4/2021)
• Assisted in assessing patients by performing physical check-ups
• Interviewed patients and families to determine active complaints
• Provided support in designing and implementing nursing plans according to each patient’s needs
• Administered oral and IV medication upon specific orders from physicians and nursing managers
• Completed patients’ medical histories and charts
• Took and recorded vitals such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature
• Provided emergency services such as CPR and First Aid
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Care Plan Identification
• Infection Control
• Psychological Support
• Patient Education
• Emergency Handling
• Medicine Administration
• Personalized Interventions
• Physical Examination
Fluent in English and Spanish