LPNs or licensed practical nurses work in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare settings.
They are responsible for the well-being of patients. They are the first contact for a patient and their family after a doctor, therefore, they have a huge responsibility on their shoulders.
A graduate LPN needs to show excellent skills and knowledge in her cover letter to reach the top of the pile.
The following cover letter will ease your job hunting process by helping you make a winning application.
Related: New Graduate LPN Resume
New Grad LPN Cover Letter Sample No Experience
3109 E Division Street
Dover, DE 77007
April 19, 2022
Mr. Andrew Hamilton
Human Resources Manager
47 Kennett Pike
Dover, DE 22458
Dear Mr. Hamilton:
Your job posting for a Licensed Practical Nurse at Dover Healthcare is right on target for my present job search. As a newly graduated and self-motivated individual with licensure for the state of Delaware and hands-on knowledge of standard nursing practices, I am eager to leverage my energy for the well-being of patients at Dover Healthcare.
Some of the key competencies I can bring to an LPN position at your facility include:
- Providing direct patient care under the supervision of the physician, RN, or nurse supervisor.
- Administering medication, taking vitals, and reporting all findings to the nurse manager.
- Measuring patients’ height and weight, and their blood pressure.
- Collecting laboratory specimens for tests.
- Assisting physicians with examinations and procedures in a professional, confidential, and compassionate manner.
- Coordinating the flow of patients and phone calls to attain quality patient care goals.
- Obtaining subjective and objective data and contributing to the assessment of the patient.
Besides that, I offer commitment and integrity to the nursing profession. During my tenure in nursing training, I was taught the various manners in which individually based care plans can be tailored to a patient’s needs.
As an enthusiastic nursing professional, I’d like to meet with you to discuss my abilities and your specific needs in detail. I will email your office next Monday to follow up and, hopefully, set up an interview.
Thank you for your professional courtesy in reviewing my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.