Don’t undervalue the importance of a compelling cover letter for administrative assistant resume. As it is your first written communication with a prospective employer, therefore it should contain information about your relevant skills, experiences and enthusiasm. In fact, this document is your only chance to move your application on the top of the pile. A well-formatted cover letter distinguishes you from other job seekers by enticing the hiring manager to read enclosed resume and take further notice of your entire job application package.
• Indicate clearly that you interested in working for a specific organization as an Administrative Assistant. Mention the source and job reference number if possible.
• Explain what skills and abilities you would bring to the prospective company.
• Customize it perfectly to meet the requirements of the company
• Think about the very first impression of your letter. As hiring managers scrutinize several applications rapidly, so opening of your letter needs to be perfect to grab their attention.
• Size must not exceed one page in length containing three to four paragraphs.
• Leave sufficient space between paragraphs.
• Write simple words and sentences to make it reader friendly.
• Use the same font and paper as you use in your resume.
• Check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
The following are the best sample cover letters for administrative assistant resume. You may get ideas from the following samples to make your own perfect cover letter.
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 1
65 Example South Street, Los Angeles, CA 96541
(000) 333-3233, sara @ email . com
January 18, 2016
Ms. Anna Doe
Human Resources Manager
Star Shipping Corporation
88 Example Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 93147
Re: Administrative Assistant (Position Ref # 321)
Dear Ms. Doe:
I am writing to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant at Star Shipping Corporation, as advertised in the California Times last week. Utilizing my diploma in office administration, hands-on training in MS Office Suite and over 1 year’s related experience, I would be able to deliver the utmost administrative services to your organization.
I am the best fit for this position because I possess all the required qualifications mentioned in your advertisement:
• Well-versed in typing and distributing correspondence, maintaining office files, taking minutes of meetings, organizing repairs and making travel arrangements.
• Track record of maintaining confidential records and files in a timely manner.
• Particularly effective in greeting and helping visitors, responding phones and directing calls appropriately.
Furthermore, I have a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and disputes using my creative thinking and analytical skills. In addition, my exceptional communication skills enable me to handle clients effectively. The enclosed resume will provide you with complete details regarding my qualifications and skills.
As an enthusiastic and dedicated administrative professional, I would welcome an opportunity of meeting to discuss my qualifications in detail. To follow-up and possibly arrange an interview date, I will call your after 5 working days. In the interim, you can contact me at (000) 333-3233 or via email at sara @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Enc. Resume and Reference Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Sample 2 (Email Version)
January 18, 2016
Mr. Henry Mc Dermot
Manager Human Resources
12 Fullerton Avenue
Detroit, MI 63939
Dear Mr. Mc Dermot:
I offer a track record of organizing and prioritizing a diverse range of administrative tasks which could go a long way in ensuring smooth operations of Benchmark Inc.
I am accustomed to a multicultural environment where hard work is the norm. I enjoy taking new challenges every day. As an active problem-solver and an extremely organized individual, I successfully handled telephone calls, managed calendars, made travel arrangements, took meeting minutes and performed record-keeping activities. Additionally, I have been branded “master of many tasks” owing to the ability of handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on the quality of work. Since I am easy to get along with, working in a team environment is easy for me and my positive attitude overcome any detrimental waves that come in the way of my accomplishments.
Please review the attached resume and contact me at (000) 525-3296 if you need further information. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you in person.