Do not underestimate the importance of a good cover letter as it is your first written communication to a prospective employer. It should contain information about your relevant skills, experiences and abilities. In fact, a cover letter is an opportunity to move your application on the top of the pile.
A well-formatted cover letter for administrative assistant resume distinguishes you from other job seekers by enticing the hiring manager to read enclosed resume and take further notice of your entire job application package.
• Indicate clearly that you are interested in working for a specific organization as an Administrative Assistant.
• Mention the source and job reference number if possible.
• Explain what kind of skills and abilities you would bring to the prospective company.
• Customize it perfectly as per needs of prospective employer.
• As hiring managers scrutinize several applications rapidly, opening of your letter should be perfect enough to grab their attention immediately.
• Size of your cover letter must not exceed one page in length containing three to four paragraphs.
• Leave sufficient space between paragraphs.
• Write simple words and sentences to make it reader friendly.
• Use the same font and paper as you use in your resume.
• Check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
Take a look at the following samples to make a perfect cover letter for administrative assistant resume.
65 Example South Street, Los Angeles, CA 96541
(000) 333-3233, sara @ email . com
October 10, 2016
Ms. Anna Doe
Human Resources Manager
Star Shipping Corporation
88 Albert Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 93147
Re: Administrative Assistant Position (Ref # 321)
Dear Ms. Doe:
Clerical expertise, problem solving and attention to detail. These are a few of many attributes that I have developed working in administrative capacities for 7+ years. Utilizing my talents, I would be able to deliver the exceptional administrative support to your office.
I am the best fit for this position owing to the following qualifications:
• Documented success in typing and distributing correspondence, maintaining office files, taking minutes of meetings, organizing repairs and making travel arrangements.
• Track record of maintaining confidential records and files in a timely manner.
• Particularly effective in greeting and helping visitors, responding to phones and directing calls appropriately.
Furthermore, I have a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and disputes using my creative thinking and analytical skills. My exceptional communication skills and calm nature enables me to handle irate clients effectively. The enclosed resume will provide you with further details of my qualifications and skills.
As an enthusiastic and detail-oriented administrative assistant, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you in order to discuss my abilities in detail. To follow-up and possibly arrange an interview date, I will call your office after 5 working days. In the interim, you can contact me at (000) 145-3233 or via email at sara @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Enc. Resume and Reference Letter
58 North York Street
Detroit, MI 54211
October 10, 2016
Mr. Henry Mc Dermot
Manager Human Resources
12 Fullerton Avenue
Detroit, MI 63939
Dear Mr. Mc Dermot:
As an accomplished administrative professional with a 9-plus-year track record, I believe that I posses talents that could be beneficial for Benchmark Inc.
I am accustomed to a multicultural environment where hard work is the norm. I enjoy taking new challenges every day. As an active problem-solver and an extremely organized individual, I successfully handles telephone calls, manages calendars, make travel arrangements, take minutes of meetings and performs recordkeeping duties.
Additionally, I have been branded “master of many tasks” owing to the ability of handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising on the quality of work. Since I possess a friendly personality, working in a team environment is easy for me and my positive attitude overcome any detrimental waves that come in the way of my accomplishments.
Please review the attached resume and contact me at (000) 525-3296 if you need further information. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to meeting with you in person.