No matter which position you are applying for, resumes hold a great weight in the job selection criteria.
Let us look at the example of an entry level accountant. An accountant is responsible for managing a huge array of tasks in almost all settings. They manage accounts receivable and payable along with billing and payroll at times. If you mention these attributes in your resume, it is likely that you will be shortlisted for an interview.
The following will help entry level accountants building an effective resume.
See also: Accountant Job Description for Resume
88 Poplar Springs Drive | Killen, AL 88992 | (505) 005-5555 | Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: A position as an Accountant with Karma Inc. Offering strong educational background in accountancy and exceptional organizational skills in order to work in a challenging and pro-learning environment.
• Solid grasp of generally accepted accounting principles
• Good understanding of execution of accounting activities
• Exceptional know how of payment control and payment orders
• Proficient in carrying out accounts receivable and payable procedures
• In depth knowledge of recording budget appropriations and identification of delinquent accounts
• Strong understanding of accounting reports
• Computer: MS Office Suite and QuickBooks and Accountancy Software
• Familiarity with audit and statutory requirements
University of Alabama, Killen, AL
Bachelor of Science in Finance
Expected Graduation Date: Dec 2015
Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0
Quality Systems, Inc. – Irvine, CA
Accounting Intern, Summer 2012
• Analyzed commercial credit reports on existing clients to re-established their credit class by means of existing matrix strategy
• Evaluated and processed requests for bank and trade references on new customers
• Reviewed and processed in-house demand letters
• Prepared various accounting reports for management
• Basic understanding of ERP
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with ability to multitask