The skills section is an integral part of a utility worker’s resume, and proper attention must be paid to build it. Hiring managers look for a particular set of skills in the ideal candidate to fill a utility worker vacancy. Therefore, it is crucial to complement your transferable skills to prospective employer needs.
How to Write Great Skills on a Utility Worker Resume?
- Write your skills in bullet phrases.
- Include the only skills that complement the utility worker job description provided by the employer.
- Make your skills section more convincing by adding some industry-specific keywords to each bullet.
The following are 19 sample skills statements for a utility worker resume. Use some of these statements in your resume to maximize its impact.
19 Sample Skills for Utility Worker Resume
- Proficient in installing underground pipelines for water distribution and wastewater collection systems
- Well versed in operating power plant equipment under the direction of operational manager
- Special talent for repairing, fitting and replacing water taps and valves on main and service lines
- Particularly effective in using manual tools including chain saws, chippers, and jackhammers
- Expert in identifying and fixing pipeline leaks and pressure faults
- Profound ability to set up sediment control devices as per directions of the supervisor
- Track record of responding timely to customers’ utility service calls
- Proven skills in cutting, fitting and laying pipes
- Well practiced in loading, unloading and driving trucks and other heavy machinery to the worksite safely
- Fully capable of maintaining cleanliness and functionality of all tools and equipment
- Proficient in inspecting and maintaining water storage tanks and cleaning the yard when necessary
- Apt at enforcing proper safety practices and using appropriate PPE and traffic safety materials such as cones, arrow-boards and flagging signs around the worksite
- Experienced in determining the locations of gas, telephone, power, water and sewer lines from appropriate sources before excavation
- Proficient in repairing and replacing defective electricity and gas meters
- Excellent manual dexterity and physical stamina along with profound ability to bend, stoop and work in confined spaces
- Well versed in reconnecting water and power services after holidays
- Proven skills in performing routine grounds keeping, painting, carpentry, and plumbing tasks
- Skilled in repairing replacing and existing pre-laid pipeline based underground water and gas distribution systems
- Efficient in anticipating tools and equipment needed as per the nature of each assignment and loading the same in the company vehicle in a safe manner