How to Write a Professional Resume for Utility Worker Job?
In order to write a great resume for the utility worker position, you have to:
- Create a customized and keyword-rich resume for the utility worker position by addressing the prospective employer’s needs.
- Use active language and power verbs in your resume.
- Start your resume with a summary or objective statement.
- Highlight your relevant experiences, as well as achievements.
- Give information about your education and skills.
View the sample below to get better ideas.
Sample Resume for Utility Worker Position
65 Yardley Street, Gresham, OR 56707
Highly industrious and safety-minded Utility Worker with hands-on experience in performing repair and maintenance of a number of systems. Exceptionally talented in exterior cleaning, minor plumbing, and electrical repairs, and assisting lead technicians in repairing gas and water main and drainage lines. A methodical individual who is well versed in line distribution, leak repairing, and pipeline inspection. Special talent for reading and interpreting construction drawings and blueprints.
Pacific Gas, Gresham, OR
2018 – Present
• Perform scheduled maintenance of drainage structures, catch basins and storm drains.
• Clean and organize all material in the warehouse.
• Maintain the tools and equipment in a neat and functional order.
• Install taps and valves on main as well as service lines.
• Identify and repair leaks in gas and water lines.
• Upkeep the material inventory and issue periodic stock reports.
• Perform minor repairs and assist in warehouse maintenance.
• Repaired an underground water pipeline system which saved $30K in terms of replacement cost.
• Enhanced the productivity of press operations by 30% through the implementation of modern utility installation SOPs.
Consumers Energy, Gresham, OR
2010 – 2018
• Assisted in the repair and maintenance of distribution systems.
• Repaired leaks by wrapping the pipes with appropriate material.
• Performed pipeline maintenance tasks by shoveling and spreading asphalt into patching.
• Operated pallet stretches and forklifts for transportation of pipes in the warehouse.
• Swept, mopped, and cleaned the worksite after carrying out repair work.
• Assisted the management team in the execution of administrative tasks.
• Performed custodial duties as required.
• Reduced the operational costs by 20% through the initiation of energy-saving distribution protocols.
• Spearheaded the setup of a power source distribution project involving 30+ gallons daily consumption of gasoline.
Diploma in Utility Management
VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE, Gresham, OR – 2010
• Leak Repair
• Tap Installation
• Airlock Handling
• Equipment Maintenance
• Line Distribution
• Drain Unclogging
• Gasoline Inventory
• Quality Inspection
• Valve Tightening
• Warehouse Management
• Material Stocking
• Loading/ Unloading