A general laborer resume should be a symbol of professionalism containing your most relevant skills and experiences. As hiring managers spend less than half a minute to skim a general laborer resume, therefore, you will have only some seconds to create a solid impression.
Below are 2 perfect sample resumes (along with 6 tips) for a general laborer position. Feel free to modify as per your circumstances.
How to Write a Great Resume for the General Laborer Position?
- Start your resume with a compelling summary or objective statement.
- Highlight your relevant skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
- Customize it as per the needs of the prospective employer in order to make it eye-grabbing.
- Keep your resume short and to-the-point.
- Check for any errors before sending it.
- Send a General Laborer Cover Letter along with your resume
Resume for General Laborer (Sample 1)
carl @ email . com
❖❖ GENERAL LABORER ❖❖
Problem-solver / Multi-tasker / Teambuilder
Extremely organized and dexterous laborer with 9 years of extensive experience in performing a wide range of manual labor tasks. Particularly effective in merchandise packing and transportation, terrain smoothing scaffolding, and digging. Hardworking and committed, with the ability to read, understand, and execute work orders perfectly. Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and equipment.
Forklift/Pallet Jack • Supplies Management
Quality Control • Heavy Lifting
Roof Paneling • Repair/Maintenance
Waste Disposal • Loading/Unloading
Inventory management • Packing and Shipping
Housekeeping • Equipment Operation
Mission United Warehouse, Roseville, CA
9/2011 – Present
• Transport merchandise between receiving stations
• Maintain the inventory of components and supplies
• Lift, carry and pack merchandise
• Check merchandise for damage and perform repairing tasks before dispatching for shipping
• Consistently follow work orders and complete daily tasks
• Perform teamwork to improve and streamline the manual process
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness and order of production areas
• Exceeded warehouse production quota 30% by introducing efficient strategies for speedy and high-quality production
• Fixed a minor forklift pallet jack issue and saved the warehouse from significant repair costs
Carus Corporation, Roseville, CA
5/2009 – 9/2011
• Operated industrial power machinery efficiently
• Carried out digging, leveling and paneling tasks as per requirement
• Assisted in construction and building maintenance tasks
• Adhered to the company’s safety requirements
• Looked for new ways to improve performance and efficiency
• Assembled scaffolding for a whole floor independently when the staff was short
• Demonstrated OSHA safety compliance at the warehouse and implemented the same
High School Diploma
R.J High School, Roseville, CA
Current Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Computer applications
• Data input
• MS Word and Excel
General Laborer Resume Sample 2 With Less Experience
55 North Street, Minnetonka, MN 21212
Seeking a General Laborer position at a reputed company. Utilizing exceptional physical abilities, great attention to detail and superb technical skills to complete projects on time.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over three years of progressively responsible experience as a laborer
• Demonstrated ability to lift and move materials and perform routine maintenance tasks.
• Eager to follow oral and written instructions.
• Profound ability to communicate in personal and small group situations to customers and employees of the organization.
TruGreen – Minnetonka, MN
May 2017 – Sep 2020
- Assisted in the operation of general site vehicles and tools such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, and trimming equipment
- Cleaned up work areas
- Performed general office maintenance such as minor repairs and changing light bulbs
- Directed traffic
- Executed painting and janitorial work
- Fueled vehicles and equipment
- Cleaned track on track-type tools
- Installed temporary wind fences
- Followed all safety policies and procedures
- Performed other job-related duties as assigned
CITY SCHOOL, Minnetonka, MN – 2007
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexible, adaptable, and teamwork-oriented.
Strong professional references available