As hiring managers spend less than half a minute to skim a general laborer resume, therefore you have only some seconds to create a solid impression.
Your resume should be a symbol of professionalism containing your most relevant skills and experiences.
Customize your resume in keeping with the needs of the prospective employer.
Below are 2 perfect sample resumes for a general laborer position. Feel free to modify as per your circumstances.
Also, use this General Laborer Cover Letter to make a complete job application package.
General Laborer Resume Sample 1
(For Experienced Candidates)
(006) 745-1201 ~ carl @ email . com
❖❖ GENERAL LABORER ❖❖
Problem-solver ~ Multi-tasker
Extremely organized and dexterous Laborer with 9+ years’ extensive experience in performing a range of manual labor tasks. Particularly effective in merchandise packing and transportation, terrain smoothing scaffolding and digging. Hardworking and committed with the ability to read, understand, and execute work orders perfectly. Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and equipment.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Forklift/Pallet Jack|
• Supplies Management
• Quality Control
• Heavy Lifting
|• Roof Paneling|
• Waste Disposal
|• Inventory management|
• Packing and Shipping
• Equipment Operation
Mission United Warehouse, Roseville, CA | 9/2011 – Present
• Transport merchandise between receiving stations
• Maintain the inventory of components and supplies
• Lift, carry and pack merchandise
• Check merchandise for damage and perform repairing tasks before dispatching for shipping
• Consistently follow work orders and complete daily tasks
• Perform teamwork to improve and streamline the manual process
• Maintain a high level of cleanliness and order of production areas
- Exceeded warehouse production quota 30% by introducing efficient strategies for speedy and high-quality production
- Fixed a minor forklift pallet jack issue and saved the warehouse from significant repair costs
Carus Corporation, Roseville, CA | 5/2009 – 9/2011
• Operated industrial power machinery efficiently
• Carried out digging, leveling and paneling tasks as per requirement
• Assisted in construction and building maintenance tasks
• Adhered to the company’s safety requirements
• Looked for new ways to improve performance and efficiency
- Assembled scaffolding for a whole floor independently when the staff was short
- Demonstrated OSHA safety compliance at the warehouse and implemented the same
R.J High School, Roseville, CA – 2009
High School Diploma
Current Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Computer applications
• Data input
• MS Word and Excel
General Laborer Resume Sample 2
|55 North Street|
Minnetonka, MN 21212
|JOHN DOE||(000) 854-1421|
Seeking a General Laborer position with a reputed company utilizing exceptional physical abilities, great attention to detail, and superb technical skills.
- Over three years of progressively responsible experience as a laborer.
- Demonstrated ability to lift and move materials and perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Eager to follow oral and written instructions.
- Profound ability to communicate in personal and small group situations to customers and employees of the organization.
TruGreen – Minnetonka, MN | May 2016 – Jan 2019
- Assisted operation of general site vehicles and tools; water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, and trimming equipment
- Cleaned up work areas
- Performed general office maintenance such as minor repairs and changing light bulbs
- Directed traffic
- Executed painting and janitorial work
- Fueled vehicles and equipment
- Cleaned track on track type tools
- Installed temporary wind fences
- Followed all safety policies and procedures
- Performed other job-related duties as assigned
CITY SCHOOL, Minnetonka, MN – 2007
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible, adaptable, and teamwork oriented.
Strong professional references available