Consider the process of rigger resume writing as a task of answering a single question: Why should we hire you?
In order to answer this question, you need the following information:
● What is the employer seeking in the ideal candidate.
● Some background information about the hiring company.
● Exact tile of the position.
● Key terms used in the field.
● Minimum qualifications/experience required.
It is in light of all the above information that you should be able to build an impressive rigger resume.
The duties of a rigger are generally similar and if you have experience in the field you are definitely well aware of a typical routine day in the life of a rigger. However, it is advisable to take time and read the job descriptions thoroughly to ensure that the employer is able to relate the position with your summary and qualifications section.
Rigger Resume Example
655 Candy Bar Sq ● Atlanta, GA 45201 ● (003) 222-1111 ● jason @ email . com
❖❖ RIGGER ❖❖
Industrious and tactful rigger offering expertise in utilizing rigging hardware effectively in association with hoisting devices. Particularly skilled in rigging lines manipulation and gear pulling to support heavy equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skills in safe rigging practices.
• Able to identify, comprehend and perform crane signals.
• Well versed in effectively communicating hoisting problems to concerned personnel.
• Trained in assembling, setting up and dismantling rigging equipment.
• Extremely skilled in hand rigging procedures.
Rigger | Caliber Services, Atlanta, GA | August 2011 – Present
• Interpret and apply information from work orders, specifications, blue prints and drawings.
• Determine materials used in craft and demonstrate appropriate material handling techniques.
• Inspect rigging procedures to ensure safety and reliability.
• Rig, direct lift and stage material, parts and equipment.
• Implemented many modern and safe rigging practices at the firm and proficiently educated colleagues regarding the same.
• Identified a hazardous hoisting error and rectified it timely, saving the company from a big loss.
Assistant Rigger | Omega Morgan, Atlanta, GA | May 2007 – July 2011
• Assisted the foremen and crew as needed.
• Worked onsite at customer locations.
• Regularly completed rigging associated paperwork.
• Attached pulleys and weight blocks to overhead fixed structures with minimal supervision.
• Proactively determined obstructions effecting structural stability on a major site and communicated the same effectively, which led the management to resolve the issue and avoid hazardous rigging timely.
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Atlanta, GA
Associate of Science in Rigging Technology
Last updated on