If you are seeking a position as a rigger but you have no experience in hand, consider adding a well-crafted cover letter to your job application.
A cover letter for a rigger position will place you in a better position to direct the attention of employers towards your skill set and capabilities that will partially make up for the lack of experience.
Don’t know where to start?
Here are some tips for effective cover letter writing for beginners:
- Open your letter by communicating your genuine interest and excitement to work for the employer as a rigger.
- Address the hiring manager by name.
- Mention any volunteer work or internship experiences.
- Make a follow-up call after applying for any position.
Here is an example of a good cover letter for an entry-level rigger with no experience in hand.
Rigger Cover Letter No Experience Sample
843 New Horizon Avenue
david .nelson @ email . com
May 11, 2023
Mr. Jason Daniel
38 Industrial Square
Dear Mr. Daniel:
I was excited to see that Pacific Fleet is seeking an entry-level Rigger. With my passion and knowledge of rigging work, I deem myself the best contender for this role.
You require someone with the basic know-how of rigging operations and I am skilled in setting up braces and hoisting equipment to aid in lifting, relocating, and maintaining basic rigging equipment. My familiarity with workplace safety hazards and relevant protocols is another plus point that will come in handy at the Pacific Fleet.
I am a quick learner who can take a grasp on new tasks very quickly. Here is a list of my qualification and skills:
- Heavy machinery operations certification
- Alert, energetic, and dexterous
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Profound ability to read and interpret drawings and figures
- Quick learner with strong communication skills
As part of my summer internship, I worked at an earthquake rehabilitation site in the Windsor Beach area. That experience familiarized me with the use of heavy machinery. I was especially drawn towards cranes and rigging equipment and that experience inspired me to choose this profession.
I would like to discuss my candidacy with you in detail. Please feel free to call me at (000) 951-5251. Thank you for your time and consideration. The attached resume details my skills that match your job requirements.