Various farms hire professionals to manage their operations. The general duties of a farmworker/hand may involve milking the animals, maintaining the farm, cultivating, and harvesting the crops.
To make your resume for the farmhand position shine, you need to keep the following things in mind.
First of all, you need to understand the importance of a winning resume. An exceptional resume will land you an interview. Your farm hand resume must address these questions very briefly:
What do you know regarding farming?
What have you previously done in the field?
What knowledge do you have regarding farming?
What were your duties in your previous role?
You can adopt any resume format, but make sure the information you add is relevant and a true reflection of your potential.
Related: Farm Hand Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Farm Hand Position
Springdale, AR 56444
Dedicated and hardworking farm worker with hands-on experience in managing the overall operations of the farm. Well-versed in cultivation and animal breeding tasks. Particularly skilled in cleaning and bundling farm produce and performing general tasks of cultivation as well as livestock farming. Familiar with modern farming methods.
– Weed controlling – Rotator hoeing
– Harvesting – Milking operations
– Closure maintenance – Equipment sterilization
– Livestock raising – Shearing and dipping
– Artificial insemination
Hillshire farm House, Springdale, AR
May 2012 – Present
• Prepare milking machinery and assist in milking operations
• Perform all tasks associated with livestock breeding including branding
• Ride on horseback to muster cattle
• Assist in crop cultivation and soil sowing
• Sustain the farm building, fences, gates, and closure in a maintained manner
✔ Erected fences and pens singlehandedly to build a temporary enclosure for the farm animals while the farmland was being renovated
✔ Introduced a unique modern packaging system that reduced packing costs by 20%
Christensen Farms, Springdale, AR
Dec 2010 – Jun 2012
• Plowed, planted, watered, and harvested crops
• Ensured proper and timely fertilization of crop soil
• Performed weed and pest control procedures in a safe manner
• Fostered farm animals
• Maintained all farm machinery in excellent, functional condition
• Constructed vine trellises to support vines, berries, and fruit
✔ Set up a greenhouse and transplanted seedlings by hand saving the farmer a big loss due to improper soiling
Valley School, Springdale, AR
• Able to read and write and follow instructions accurately
• Current driver’s license
Sample Job Description for Farm Hand Resume
- Attend to farm animals and livestock in a bid to keep them fed and healthy.
- Cultivate soil and sow crops on a designated piece of land.
- Perform slashing and chemical spraying activities to ensure weed control.
- Construct a variety of frames to support vines and berries.
- Perform harvesting activities by using equipment such as harvesters and tractors.
- Observe cattle for signs of illnesses and report any observations immediately.
- Prepare milking machinery and perform milking activities by hand or with the aid of machinery.
- Assist farmers in ensuring that farm animals get enough exercise and provide support in grooming them.
- Ensure that operational areas and clean and maintained.
- Clear away animal waste and clean and sterilize farm equipment.
- Assist in farm animal breeding and raising procedures such as shearing, crutching, branding, and dipping.
- Herd sheep and cattle on foot or motorbikes or horses.
- Repair farm buildings, fences, and windmills and ensure constant maintenance measures are taken.
- Adjust and repair farm machinery and notify farmers in the event of a malfunction.
- Irrigate soil to ensure the quality of crops and pick crops for selling.
- Weigh vegetables and fruits while marking batches.
- Physically pick the cultivated crops and load them onto shipment trucks.
Sample Skills for Farm Hand Resume
- Digging and planting seeds
- Performing transplanting work
- Determining the right seeds
- Planting seeds
- Identifying plants from weeds
- Doing proper weed treatment
- Selecting and using the right agricultural products
- Setting up and operating irrigation systems
- Choosing and applying the right pesticides and chemicals
- Planting crops between trees in order to control weeds
- Operating tractors and harvesters
- Monitoring and overseeing the health and well-being of livestock
- Preparing milking machines, and assisting with milking tasks
- Cleaning and sanitizing milking machines
- Cleaning animal waste while ensuring that no contamination occurs
- Breeding and raising livestock
- Repairing and maintaining farm buildings and land
- Performing manual labor
- Devising strategies for breeding and harvesting
- Overseeing the work of seasonal workers