A farmhand resume is an important document that is required by employers to apply for a job.
The following 4 tips and an example will help you write a professional resume:
How to Write a Perfect Resume for a Farmhand Position?
1. Tailor your resume by mentioning the farm hand skills at the top and including the keywords.
2. Add your key accomplishments in your experience section to catch the attention of the reader.
3. Mention the professional experience in reverse chronological order stating the most recent job first.
4. Do not include anything irrelevant to a farmhand job.
Farm Hand Resume Sample
36 Cherry Lane, Houston, TX 34676
Results-oriented farm worker with a track record of providing high-quality assistance and support in maintaining farm animals and crops. Offering seven years of experience in horse grooming, cattle rearing, farm maintenance, and crop cultivation. Substantial knowledge of livestock breeding, shearing, dipping, and artificial insemination procedures.
– Barn Maintenance
– Animal Wound Care
– Shelves Stocking
– Barn Animals Grazing
– Inventory Maintenance
– Pasture Mowing
– Soil Cultivation
– Loading /Unloading
– Harvest and Sorting
– Pesticide Spraying
– Livestock Raising
Community Farm, Houston, TX
• Mow and irrigate pastures without supervision which led to a 30% increase in produce
• Spray acres of crops of bean and cotton with fertilizers and pesticides single-handedly enhancing the quality of the product by 50%
• Plan and implement changes in the existing barn house setting and interior which were highly commended
• Maintain farm records on registers and computer
• Take care of the farm animals, especially in diagnosing diseases and injury care
• Periodically spray the crops with pesticides and fertilizers
• Keep harvest records and ensure proper storage of farm produce
ABC Farm, Houston, TX
• Revealed exemplary performance in grooming racehorses and earned the second prize for the same in the annual horse exhibition
• Stocked and labeled shelves with new equipment and worked for extra hours during the staff shortage
• Groomed horses for exhibition
• Assisted the laborers in loading and unloading heavy equipment and machinery
• Cleaned out pens and repaired broken fences
• Supported in harvesting operations using tractors, forklifts, and hand tools as required
High School Diploma
DAVIS HIGH SCHOOL, Houston, TX
Current CDL with a clean driving record
See also: Farm Hand Cover Letter