Your first job application for a construction worker position can only be made possible if your resume says great things about you.
It is especially important to write a resume that covers all aspects of your abilities and competencies.
In your resume for an entry-level construction worker position, you must concentrate on your knowledge of handling onsite tasks such as removing debris, digging trenches, and erecting scaffolding.
A previous apprenticeship will be considered a good hiring point, so mention details of one if possible.
When writing a resume for a construction worker position, your focus must be on what you have to offer.
Physical ability and knowledge of traffic control are also areas that you can highlight in your resume.
Here is a sample for you to go through:
Entry Level Construction Resume with No Experience
84 Cove Street
CONSTRUCTION WORKER / LABORER
Physically dexterous, organized, and ambitious individual, with a deep interest in construction work. Excited to work for ABC Company where I will be able to prepare construction sites, remove debris and hazardous materials, operate construction equipment, and use hand and power tools.
High School Diploma
Franklin High School, Franklin, TN – 2022
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Site Preparation
- Equipment Management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Traffic Control
- Craft Workers Assistance
- Tools Usage
- Materials Management
- Structure Demolition
- Safety Practices
Bates Construction Company, Franklin, TN
May 2022 – Jul 2022
• Cleaned sites by removing debris in order to make them ready for construction projects
• Dug trenches upon instructions of the foreman
• Erected and broke up scaffolding and ramps
• Unloaded materials from delivery trucks, and carried them to sites
• Assisted in setting up explosives in order to demolish sites
• Prepared construction materials, and helped with the application
• Placed traffic signals, and diverted traffic away from construction sites
English, Spanish, and Italian
• Worked as a volunteer at the Bridge Orphanage
• Led a group of students to volunteer for Project Clean Tennessee