Believe it or not, many companies want inexperienced people to work for them so that they can train them according to their own procedures.
The newer you are, the better your chances of gelling into the company’s culture.
So make your lack of experience your strength when writing a laborer resume and move on. Just remember that you are being hired for your fresh take on the world and the fact that you will be more open to training than someone who already knows the job.
However, if you have performed a short internship or an apprenticeship, make sure that you mention it in your resume. This will provide employers with an idea of how much money and time they will need to train you. Of course, the lower the cost, the better your chances!
Here is a resume sample for a fresh labourer who has no experience in hand.
Sample New Labourer Resume With No Experience
5858 Amanda Avenue
Nashville, TN 58965
maksol @email .com
Physically dexterous, hardworking, and industrious Labourer seeking a position with ABC Company. Bringing a deep interest in handling demanding physical work such as preparing worksites for construction and operating construction equipment. Safety-minded and exceptionally well-organized individual with a commendable background in taking and following instructions. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Proficient in shoveling cement and other materials into cement mixers and efficiently pouring and spreading concrete.
• Adept at operating construction equipment in a safe and efficient way and in accordance with relevant legislation.
• Deep insight into disposing of sewage in accordance to waste management procedures.
• Competent at performing general and preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by following set regulatory standards.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Safe Equipment Operations
- Traffic Flow Control
- Garbage Disposal
- Workplace Safety
- Power Tools Operation
- Heavy Equipment Transport
- Materials Management
- TroubleshootingGauge Reading
High School Diploma
NASHVILLE HIGH SCHOOL, Nashville, TN – 2021
Apprentice (1/2022 – 3/2022)
CORRPRO COMPANIES, Nashville, TN
• Cleared worksites by removing debris and hazardous items
• Erected traffic cones and diversion signs to direct traffic away from work zones
• Dug trenches and loaded cement into mixers and grinders
• Spread cement on surfaces and ensured it was properly leveled
• Signaled equipment operators to help then align and adjust machinery
• Assisted in performing preventative and general maintenance on machinery and tools