Creating resumes for skilled positions is a technical task and must be dealt with accordingly.
The resume of a building maintenance worker is quite different from that of a general maintenance position.
Since in this case, the job is more specified, a winning resume for a building maintenance position requires more specialized, building specific maintenance skills.
Duties of a building maintenance worker may vary slightly depending on the preferences of the hiring organization.
However, the general custodian tasks attached to the position in addition to building maintenance and minor repairs include maintaining the building in neat and clean order, keeping inventories updated and coordinating with the manager on daily basis.
Building Maintenance Worker Resume Sample
lynne . fredrick @ email . com
879 Union Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 98201
BUILDING MAINTENANCE WORKER
Experienced and energetic building maintenance professional with hands-on experience in preventive maintenance of buildings. Demonstrated ability to perform minor repairs in plumbing, electricity works, carpentering, and mechanics.
- Particularly skilled in handling soldering equipment and carrying out metal repair works
- In-depth knowledge regarding indoor and outdoor electrical wiring plans and maintenance, BX and Roomex
- Familiarity with hand and power maintenance tools and equipment
- Adept at fixing plumbing issues, pipe leaks and replacing damaged sanitary fittings along with effective maintenance of the swimming pool and spa area
- Well versed in maintenance and repairs of air conditioning, heating, and cooling installations
- Expert in assembling and disassembling large pieces of furniture, repairing and carrying the same to the required location
Building Maintenance Worker
Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Phoenix, AZ | 2012 – Present
• Introduce a new emergency alarm system in the building which was functional on all floors while the hotel was closed for maintenance in 2011
• Initiate repair work projects during hotel down seasons
• Conduct preventive maintenance of the building throughout the year
• Respond to guest calls demanding fixings/ repairing instantly and effectively
Building Maintenance worker
The Grand Hyatt, Phoenix, AZ | 2010 – 2012
• Trained 8 building maintenance workers in repairing metal hinges and carpentering who are now working at other branches of the resort
• Installed electricity sockets and replaced broken switches
• Repaired all plumbing systems and fixed any leakages
• Maintained inventory of repairs and kept the stock register updated at all times
• Ability to lift up till 50 lbs
• Familiar with state-issued building safety guidelines and OSHA
• Proficient in using fire extinguishers and responding to emergency alarms
• Well versed in building’s preventive maintenance
• Current driver’s license with knowledge of DOT
City School, Phoenix, AZ | August 2010