If you are applying for a Chick-fil-A team member position, you must make sure that you prepare for the interview after you have submitted your job application. During the interview process, you will be asked questions to determine whether you are well qualified or not so your answers must be at par with the hiring manager’s requirements.
Here are 30 questions that you may be asked when appearing for a Chick-fil-A team member interview:
Chick-fil-A Team Member Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
I have worked as a team member in a fast-food capacity for 4 years. I began working as one in Kentucky Fried Chicken, and presently, I am working as one at Wendy’s. I am quite a professional at working at this position now.
2. What duties have you performed while working as a team member?
As a team member, my basic duties have been to take and deliver orders. Specifically, I have been responsible for suggesting menu items to customers, punching in orders, and ensuring that food preparation is expedited. Processing cash and credit card payments and tendering receipts have also been part of my work.
3. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to hire as a Chick-fil-A team member?
I believe that I can do justice to this work at Chick-fil-A because I am a highly organized individual. In addition, I am well-versed in providing high-quality food services, ensuring continuous client satisfaction. And I possess a solid ability to handle complaints, keeping customer retention a priority.
4. What do you like most about working as a team member in a fast-food environment?
I love the fact that I get to work in a dynamically charged environment.
5. What do you dislike about this work?
I love my work entirely, so I haven’t come across anything that I dislike so far.
6. How do you handle adversity at the workplace?
Adversity is all in a day’s work when you are working in a customer-oriented environment. I am courteous no matter how bad the situation is, and I have seen that my positive attitude always helps in resolving issues.
7. What motivates you the most?
I am motivated by teamwork. I feel that working together towards a common goal is the best way to remain constantly motivated.
8. What demotivates you?
I must admit that lack of teamwork and drive demotivate me quite badly.
9. How do you handle instances of demotivation?
I am good at giving myself and other people pep talks. I feel that projecting positive energy makes a huge difference.
10. Describe your perfect work environment?
I have always been a believer in making my work environment perfect according to the situation that I am in. Hence, I cannot say that perfect environments are ready to be served on platers.
11. How do you manage work-related stress?
Being as organized as I am, I must say handling work-related stress is never an issue. I keep all my priorities set, and that saves me from stress.
12. Tell us of a time when you did something and came out shining.
My manager always quotes the time when I handled 100 orders in one go, without missing or messing up a single one when she is giving a motivational speech to the team.
13. What do find most difficult about working as a team member?
I am open to challenges, which is why difficulties never bother me.
14. Why do you want to leave your present job?
I am actually looking for a position that offers more challenges than I am currently handling, which is why I applied to Chick-fil-A.
15. Why do you want to work for Chick-fil-A specifically?
I am interested in working at Chick-fil-A specifically because I see myself working in a highly charged environment, where I can gain valuable experience, and contribute highly to the overall success of the food chain.
16. What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is my ability to work in all types of environments. I am highly flexible.
17. What is your greatest weakness?
I have an inherent will to go the extra mile every single time, even when it is not required.
18. How do you intend on overcoming this weakness?
I am working on setting priorities in a way that I do not delve too much into work unless it is required so that I can save my energies for work that really does require extra input.
19. What do you do to unwind when you’re not working?
I am a cyclist, and love going on long rides when I’m off from work.
20. Tell us of a time when a customer got angry with you.
I was once put in an odd position when a customer demanded that I give him someone else’s order because he was in a hurry. I politely explained that it wasn’t possible to do that and that I was getting his order ready promptly, but he was unreasonable enough to cancel his order and leave.
21. Do you have any issues working double shifts?
I believe that to work efficiently, one should not work on more than one shift at a time. However, I have no issues working double shifts if the situation demands it.
22. Do you get along with people?
I am a very easygoing individual who gets along with people from all walks of life.
23. What do you find most important in customer services?
I feel that a smile and a polite tone is the best way to get customers to be comfortable with you.
24. Have you ever had an altercation with another team member?
No. I am a fairly easygoing individual, and almost never have problems with people.
25. How comfortable are you in working with food and beverages?
Since I began my career in the food industry, I am extremely comfortable working with food and beverage items.
26. What does food hygiene mean to you?
Food hygiene is extremely important, and I make a conscious effort to ensure that all hygiene and safety practices are followed properly.
27. Have you ever worked a night shift?
Yes, I have worked night shifts quite often.
28. If we decide to hire you, when can you join us?
I will be able to join you within 3 weeks of providing notice to my present workplace.
29. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I see myself working in a supervisory capacity, with a group of team members under my wing.
30. Do you have any questions for me?
Yes, I am interested in knowing more about the induction process at Chick-fil-A.