Working at Target as a member of the food team is a big thing. And you have to be prepared for it.
Working as a food team member requires you to possess the knowledge of working in the foodservice industry, so any previous experience in this regard will be considered a plus point, even if it were in a small establishment.
So, if you have what it takes to be a food team member at Target, here is a list of possible job duties that you should look at before you apply for the job:
Target Food Team Member Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet customers and inquire into their choice of food and beverage items from the menu.
• Assist customers in choosing the right item from the menu, following their specific likes.
• Provide customers with information on the time frame within which their food orders will be delivered to them.
• Guide customers about the payment process, ensuring that payments are made before orders are forwarded.
• Handle food preparation activities, such as cutting, dicing, slicing, and cubing meats and cheeses.
• Prepare food items such as salads, soups, and sandwiches, keeping in mind any special instructions that the customers may have provided.
• Pack all orders according to pre-established guidelines and ensure that they are delivered to the customers in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that condiments and napkins are provided with every packed order.
• Assist cooks in performing kitchen activities such as cooking, boiling, steaming, grilling, and baking.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment, such as cooking ranges, fridges, and grills.
• Timely collect and dispose of trash and garbage in a manner that syncs with Target protocol.
A high school diploma or a GED equivalent is sufficient to work as a food team member at the target.
Skills and Abilities
Food Safety and Hygiene
In this position, you will be expected to understand and adhere to food safety and hygiene standards.
You should possess the ability to provide exceptional customer service and handle customers with exceptional professionalism.
Working in this position requires one to be able to think quickly on one’s feet, provide excellent customer service, and ensure that food orders are delivered promptly and efficiently.
When working in this position, you will be expected to handle many duties at one time, which is why it is imperative for you to be a great multitasker.
Sense of Urgency
You will be required to possess a sense of urgency, and comfort level of working in an environment that is not only fast-paced but is also exceptionally challenging.