One of the most challenging jobs is that of a complaint handler.
Hence, hiring managers put in a lot of effort to determine which individual is the best one to hire, especially during the interview process.
Here are 10 interview questions (and their answers) that you may expect when appearing in an interview for a complaint handler position:
- 1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
- 2. What duties have you performed in the role of a complaint handler?
- 3. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to work in this position?
- 4. How do you handle adversity?
- 5. What is your greatest strength?
- 6. What is your greatest weakness?
- 7. Tell us a time when you did something outstanding?
- 8. If we decide to hire you, when will you join us?
- 9. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- 10. Do you have any questions for me?
10 Common Interview Questions and Answers for Complaint Handler
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I have been working as a complaint handler for 5 years. I am a complete customer service-oriented individual, with an absolute focus on ensuring that customers remain in a consistent state of satisfaction.
2. What duties have you performed in the role of a complaint handler?
As a complaint handler, I have been busy performing many duties such as taking telephone calls and assisting clients in resolving issues. Specifically, my work includes creating tickets, following up on them, and recording the root cause of each complaint. Moreover, my work involves providing help and guidance to ensure good customer service outcomes.
3. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to work in this position?
I feel that I am an excellent person to work as a complaint handler because I have a calm and positive attitude. I am focused on resolving problems, and my research skills are excellent too. Furthermore, I possess great analytic skills, and can effectively develop good working relationships with peers and customers.
4. How do you handle adversity?
As a complaint handler, adversity is quite a normal thing for me. I just make sure that I focus on resolving the issue that has brought about the adversity in the first place.
5. What is your greatest strength?
My greatest strength is my ability to stay focused at all times.
6. What is your greatest weakness?
I love to work with too much detail which sometimes delays outcomes. I am working on determining another way in which I can work in detail while not delaying results.
7. Tell us a time when you did something outstanding?
I was once assigned a corporate client whose complaint had gone through 5 different handlers before it came to me. No one could resolve his issue despite working quite hard on it. However, I was able to resolve the problem within 24 hours of it being assigned to me.
8. If we decide to hire you, when will you join us?
I am in the process of handing in my notice to my present employer and can join you within 2 weeks after I have handed it in.
9. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
I see myself leading and mentoring a team of complaint handlers soon.
10. Do you have any questions for me?
I am interested in knowing a little about your training and induction methods.