Working in a warehouse is quite hard and physically challenging.
There is so much to do and many people are hired to meet the needs of a busy warehouse.
Warehouse workers are required to put and arrange goods where they are supposed to be.
From taking orders for specific goods to moving them to the required place, warehouse workers do it all. They are often entrusted with physically demanding work such as moving heavy crates and packing heavy materials.
Warehouse workers are required to be very careful about what they do.
They need to pay attention to each activity as they need to make sure that shipments are delivered where they are supposed to be delivered in a time efficient manner.
Warehouse workers do not only move shipments but are also responsible for packing goods according to specifications provided to them. Their specific job location depends on their individual job placement; they may work indoors or outdoors or both depending on their work orders. Some warehouse workers may need to work in freezing temperatures especially in the produce industry where they are required to perform their work inside large refrigerators.
While specific duties of a warehouse worker depend on the industry he works in, following are some examples of job duties that he typically performs:
Sample Job Description for Warehouse Worker Resume
• Take orders from superiors regarding shipment packing activities
• Prepare orders according to instructions in time for delivery and / or pickup
• Pick items from storage areas and deliver them to the delivery pallet
• Ensure that all items are checked for damage or inconsistencies
• Make sure that items are labeled properly and in accordance with shipment orders
• Ensure the appropriate quantity of items and pack them according to company protocols
• Ensure that inventory controls are taken care of and audits are carried out to ensure quality
• Assist in loading and unloading of trucks
• Operate a forklift or automated machinery to deliver and arrange items on pallets
• Make sure that received items are labeled and stored in appropriate storage places
• File requisitions for out of stock items and supplies
• Sort items according to their types and sizes and ensure that they are stacked properly
• Enforce security and safety rules in order to ensure best safety practices around the warehouse
• Pack materials and items in designated crates and boxes and seal and label them properly
• Manage records of incoming and outgoing items
• Count inventory physically and prepare parcels for mailing purposes
• Ensure general cleanliness of the warehouse