If you like physical/manual work and have a desire to work as a member of a team, a warehouse job could be the just-right option for you.
As a warehouse worker, you will deal with merchandise and products that come into a warehouse or stockroom.
How to become a warehouse worker?
In fact, you do not need a formal education to become a warehouse worker. You just need to have basic math and calculation skills, reading and writing ability, and a reasonable level of fitness. Some employers might require some relevant experience.
In order to apply for this job, you will need a resume and Cover Letter for Warehouse Worker.
The following are two sample resumes for the warehouse worker position, which will assist you in building or updating your resume.
Warehouse Worker Resume Sample 1
210 Palm Tree Ave, Covington, GA 54222
Consistently delivering on-time results by performing clerical and manual work duties.
Dependable and organized professional with 12+ years’ first-hand experience in all facets of warehouse operations. Track record of taking cost-effective initiatives through intelligent source allocation and careful order shipment coordination. Excellent eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Demonstrated ability to read and follow instructions. Load lifting capacity up to 40 lbs.
– Packet Jack/Forklift
– Record Keeping
– Shipment Coordination
– Material Transportation
– Document Preparation
– Inventory Maintenance
– Picking And Packing
– Order Tracking
HB FULLER, Covington, GA | 8/2012 – Present
• Enhance the warehouse’s efficiency by 60% by ensuring sanitary storage conditions and practicing effective quality assurance routines at the time of delivery of merchandise at the warehouse
• Reduce overall warehouse maintenance cost by 40000$ through the implementation of strict inventory control
• Stock and label merchandise in an organized manner
• Pick, pack and dispatch goods as per order
• Keep track of available material through inventories
DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, Covington, GA | 4/2006 – 7/2012
• Attained the ‘most dedicated employee title in 2011
• Loaded and unloaded trucks while handling merchandise safely
• Kept inventories for material received and dispatched
• Ensured proper storage conditions at the warehouse
High School Diploma
ST. MICHAEL’S SCHOOL, Covington, GA – 2005
• MS Word and Excel
• Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Sample Warehouse Worker Resume With Less Experience
356 Reber Avenue, Waterloo, IA 73634
Great physical strength and a thorough understanding of warehouse procedures and inventory control.
• 2+ years’ dedicated experience in busy warehouse settings.
• Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
• Highly skilled in receiving incoming material and goods from vendors and suppliers.
• Ability to verify the quality and quantity of materials by checking merchandise against the packing list.
• Competent at maintaining inventory records and ensuring the identification of damaged goods.
• Implemented a systematic procedure to assemble product containers and crates
• Promoted from general laborer to warehouse worker within three months of joining at the former position
| • Match numbers and letters|
• Load and unload trailers
• Work area sanitation
• Material handling
• Quality control
| • Stage merchandise for loading|
• Boxes and pallets stacking
• Sorting/placing merchandise
• Wrapping and labeling
• Log maintenance
Core Inc. – Waterloo, IA
April 2016 – Mar 2018
• Received, stored and distributed goods
• Loaded and unloaded shipments
• Performed goods receipts and goods issues
• Coordinated material transfers
• Prepared receiving reports and other paperwork
• Packed and unpacked orders as and when instructed
• Measured, cut and spooled wire materials
• Verified quantities and items being shipped
• Made deliveries when required
High School Diploma
City School, Waterloo, IA | 2010
• Able to read and write instructions and follow directions
• Excellent ability to lift 75 lbs of weight
• Exceptional physical dexterity
• Good communication skills
• Experience with RF scanner