There are a number of positions available in a warehouse setting and the skills needed to perform a job are interrelated to each other.
From a forklift driver to a manager, everyone will need a special and unified set of skills to be able to perform well inside a warehouse.
Here we will discuss the general skills set that is required for people working in a warehouse setting.
While the following list of skills seems more relevant to warehouse workers, attendants, associates, and technicians, but, as a matter of fact, these skills need to be taken into account by all levels of the hierarchy within a warehouse setting.
You can use 4 to 5 from these skills statements for skills or qualifications section of your resume.
See also: Warehouse Cover Letter
Sample Skills for a Warehouse Resume
• Demonstrated ability to organize merchandise efficiently.
• Thorough understanding of goods retrieval system.
• Good customer orientation with a strong ability to deal effectively with complaints.
• Able to operate a pallet jack and forklift.
• Proven ability to stand and work continually for long hours.
• Physically dexterous to lift and move heavy objects and load/unload delivery trucks.
• Good understanding of blueprints and drawings.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Adept at handling hazardous material properly.
• Special talent for following warehouse safety precautions and procedures.
• Ability to use pneumatic ladders.
• Well versed in creating logs and maintaining documents.
• Skilled in basic computer operations including warehouse software and MS Word, Excel.
• Eager to perform housekeeping tasks for the work area.
• Track record of maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Ability to ensure work areas and facilities remain clean and organized.
• Known to maintain good housekeeping standards.
• Proficient in loss prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures.
• Recognized for maintaining regular attendance and punctuality.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and follow instructions.
• Expert in warehouse equipment use such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes, and unloading devices.
Warehouse Soft Skills for Resume
• Customer service
• Friendly disposition
• Physical dexterity
• Complying with the Ethics Policy