Shipping clerks work in the manufacturing and warehouse environments where their primary duty is to handle the shipment demands of the company, i.e., incoming and outgoing shipments.
They prepare outgoing shipments by ensuring the accuracy of order and packaging details. Shipping clerks need to be savvy with the merchandising industry as a significant part of their work is handling small merchandising information.
From processing customers’ orders to physically receiving or sending items, shipping clerks perform all duties.
They are also required to handle the paperwork associated with shipping activities which may include processing invoices and work orders.
The following resume sample can be used as an example to write a resume for this position.
Sample Resume for Shipping Clerk Position
401 N Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 62102
Dynamic and energetic shipping clerk with 11+ years’ experience in diverse warehouse environments. Functional understanding of handling incoming and outgoing shipment activities. Highly focused on both quality and accuracy of orders. Eager to find new methods to improve warehouse processes and procedures.
• Introduced and implemented a complex shipment inventory system that lodged incoming and outgoing shipments in a real-time manner.
• Reigned in a rollercoaster ride of handling shipping duties for an unusually sizeable shipment order spanning a continuous workday of 32 hours.
• Increased efficiency by employing setting out guidelines for quality assurance during the checking phase.
• Decreased the time spent in labeling consignments by introducing a contraption that labels each consignment with date, time, location, serial number, and batch number.
Nestle Purina, Tucson, AX
June 2018 – Present
• Receive shipments and check them for accuracy.
• Prepare outgoing shipments by packing and labeling them properly.
• Coordinate bin counts and investigate discrepancies.
• Check products for accuracy of serial and batch numbers.
• Process work orders and invoices.
• Make arrangements for shipment pickup.
• Ensure that all shipments are sent out in a timely fashion.
• Maintain an adequate supply of shipping materials.
• Handle shipping inventory and stock information.
• Record all shipping data in predefined databases.
• Report any defects or delays in a time-efficient manner.
• Hire and train shipping assistants.
Corporate Management Group – Merrimack, NH
January 2007 – May 2018
• Packed items in boxes and ensured appropriate labeling.
• Checked items for defects and accuracy and reported any inconsistencies.
• Operated forklift to transport shipments from storage areas to the delivery pallet.
• Sorted invoices and assisted in posting them in the database.
High School Diploma
New Hampshire High School, Merrimack, NH