In order to get a warehouse clerk job, a job seeker has to write their resume in a manner that it will be the best piece of writing the hiring manager has read.
The following sample will give you an idea of how to do this:
Warehouse Clerk Resume Example
Smith Road, Magnolia, AR 00232
rodd.edwards @email .com
Dedicated and hardworking Warehouse Clerk with 15+ years of hands-on experience in handling both shipping and receiving duties within large and busy warehouse environments. Effectively handles warehouse inventory by conducting inventory cycle counts against packing lists. A dexterous individual who is able to receive items, update data in item tracking systems, and sort and place merchandise on storage racks and shelves. Track record of working collaboratively to meet the targets of the warehouse.
• Overhauled the inventory system, making the process 50% more efficient than before
• Introduced an automatic order picking system which decreased order processing time by 60%
• Implemented a labeling protocol, which eliminated incidents of incorrect labeling
• Streamlined the records maintenance system, resulting in increased efficiency during information pulling
– Inventory Control – Labeling and Packing
– Transfers Reconciliation – Shipping and Receiving
– Customer Service – Warehouse Safety
– Order Filling – Cycle Counts
– Records Maintenance – Facilities Maintenance
– Requisition Issuing – Communication
IQOR, Magnolia, AR
12/2014 – Present
• Receive incoming shipments and compare them with invoices and work orders.
• Assist in unloading trucks and checking received items to ensure that there is no damage.
• Transport all received items to storage areas.
• Look through work orders to determine which item to pick and locate the item in storage areas.
• Move picked items to packing areas and ensure that they are properly packed and labeled.
City Warehouse, Magnolia, AR
8/2008 – 12/2014
• Transported packed and labeled items to the shipping pallet.
• Assisted loaders in loading and placing them on delivery trucks.
• Sent all corresponding documents along with all outgoing shipments.
• Updated receiving and shipping information in the company’s database and add any required notes.
• Reported any incorrect shipments or damages to the supervisor and isolate damaged items.
Option Care, Magnolia, AR
2/2001 – 8/2008
• Loaded and unloaded items onto and from delivery trucks and ensured that all corresponding paperwork was available
• Checked incoming items to ensure that they corresponded to delivery order forms
• Assisted clerks in locating items from storage areas and moving them to delivery pallets
• Labeled and packed items in crates and cartons and ensured that they were safely transported to delivery areas
• Cleaned the warehouse area by following set standards and protocols
Diploma in Warehouse Management
City College, Magnolia, AR – 1999
High School Diploma
Magnolia High School, Magnolia, AR – 1998
• Warehouse Inventory Software
• MS Word, Excel, and Database
• Internet and Outlook
See also: Warehouse Clerk Cover Letter