The primary duty of a receiving clerk is to check in and manage shipments. They are expected to ensure that incoming shipments include the right quantity and quality of the items. Also, they assist in unloading shipments from trucks and organize the boxes or individual items as they are dumped.
Resumes for warehouse roles like that of a receiving clerk need a lot of thought.
To write a good resume for this position, you may need to make sure that it reflects your understanding of the shipping world.
There is much you can highlight in your resume which may include your attention to detail and your experience in the supply chain.
The resume sample below is built for a receiving clerk and can be tailored to your specific resume needs.
Receiving Clerk Resume Example
46 Main Street, Abrams, WI 83900
• Almost a decade of experience in handling incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Competent at studying shipping notices and bills of lading to ensure smooth delivery receiving functions.
• Well-versed in overseeing incoming shipping activities to ensure the accuracy of counts and condition of items.
• Adept at performing quality control procedures for all incoming shipments.
• Excellent knowledge of managing shipment paperwork
• Can lift up to 50lbs
• Stable work history and good work ethics
• Flexible f work hours
• Exceptional reading and communication skills
• Technology savvy
HME Worldwide – Abrams, WI
Mar 2015 – Present
• Receive incoming shipments and assist in unloading procedures.
• Study invoices and bills to ensure appropriate order.
• Check incoming shipments for damages and ensure the accuracy of the count.
• Direct movement of delivery to the storage area.
• Manage data entry tasks for reporting purposes.
• Assist supervisors in training new hires.
• Saved the company a loss of $23000 by employing quality control measures on a faulty shipment.
• Expedited the shipment receiving procedure, by employing a receiving system that requires workers to manage their positions in a time-efficient manner.
Warehouse Shipper and Receiver
ABC Warehouse – Houston, TX
Sep 2011 – Mar 2017
• Received incoming shipments and unloaded them.
• Assisted in examining shipments for quality control purposes.
• Moved incoming delivery to warehouses and storage areas.
• Assisted the receiving clerk with managing shipment documents.
• Operated forklift for various unloading and moving procedures.
• Suggested and assisted in implementing a “check system” to provide immediate quality feedback to the shipper.
• Attained the ‘Employee of the Quarter’ award following excellent work ethics and hard work.
Abrams High School, Houston, TX – 2002