Material Handler works in industrial / manufacturing settings. Their primary responsibilities are to ship, receive, stock, and deliver parts between production units and from the factory to the customers.
In order to apply for a material handler job, a job seeker will need to craft a resume as well as a cover letter. The following guidelines and a material handler resume sample will guide you in your job application writing process.
What is a Material Handler Resume?
A resume for a material handler position is a brief yet descriptive summary of your relevant professional skills and experiences from the perspective of what you want to achieve. It is not meant to be a complete list of every professional activity or achievement.
In fact, a resume work as an advertising tool to bring you to a material handler interview. This means that your relevant qualifications and material handling skills must match the requirements of the employer for the material handler job.
How to Write a Material Handler Resume?
- Start your resume with a career summary or professional highlights. Entry-level job seekers and career changers should use a material handler objective statement to start their resume.
- Create separate sections for your material handling skills and achievements.
- Include only relevant experiences.
- Do not go beyond 20 years when listing your experiences.
- Use 5 to 6 bullet statements per experience to describe your duties in previous roles.
Sample Resume for Material Handler
93 Heatherwood Drive, Reno, NV 55534
Offers great physical stamina and skills in organizing, sorting, and categorizing merchandise to maximize the efficiency of the warehouse.
- 10+ years’ extensive experience working in material handling jobs
- Highly skilled in loading and unloading material within a warehouse setting
- Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Hands-on experience in performing visual inspections to ensure that materials are identified as per the PO
- In-depth knowledge of planning, organizing and managing time to complete simultaneous work duties
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions
- Good housekeeping and safety acumen
- Profound mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to perform necessary math calculations
- Effective communication skills
- Processed a shipment of precious parts to an offshore site without any damage which decreased damage cost by $50000.
- Trained a group of six new handlers to manage an especially big materials shipment.
LACOSTA – Reno, NV
Jan 2017 – Present
- Supply proper materials to the system as and when required.
- Monitor material systems for fault-free operations.
- Receive materials from the dock.
- Provide replenishment materials to the manufacturing plant.
- Review packing slips for necessary data.
- Secure the lifting attachments to the material to convey to the destination.
- Update records in the database.
ABC COMPANY – Reno, NV
May 2011 – Jan 2017
- Read the loading sheet to ascertain materials or pallets to be moved.
- Conducted day by day operator checklist.
- Loaded materials into the trailer.
- Placed a load lock in an appropriate location on the container.
- Cleaned and straightened assigned loading dock.
High School Diploma
COMMUNITY SCHOOL – Reno, NV – 2005
- Thorough understanding of OSHA, EPA and other regulations of safe practices
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Willing to learn company-specific software