Food Handlers usually work in a healthcare setting and are responsible for preparing and cooking meals. They are supposed to provide patients with nutritious food according to individual needs and dietary restrictions.
A resume for the Food Handler position is an overview of your skills, achievements, relevant experience, and education. The resume for the food handler’s position is a selling tool to tempt your reader to call you for an interview!
Remember that there is no one perfect Food Handler resume style or format. The sole purpose of writing a resume is to list your relevant credentials in an attractive format.
The following template will give you a better idea of writing your resume for a food handling job.
Sample Resume for Food Handler Position
19 Marco Polo Street, N Las Vegas, NV 33322
Energetic and dependable Food handler with 9+ years of experience working with unpackaged food, equipment, and utensils. Highly skilled in organizing and planning daily activities by anticipating the needs of upcoming shifts. Demonstrated ability to assist cooks, examine and load trays, and transport/place food servings.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Hands-on experience in preparing meals per individual patient’s health and dietary requirements.
• In-depth knowledge of maintaining food supplies so that no item falls sort at the time of cooking and serving.
• Thorough understanding of undertaking procedures to keep hygienic conditions while preparing and serving food.
• Designed, prepared and implemented patient ready menus that cater to patients with particular medical issues like diabetes and hypertension
• Commended continuously for ensuring cleanliness, hygiene and exceptional quality of food during this contractual year
Sparrow Hospital – Las Vegas, NV | 2013-present
• Cook food according to individual patient needs
• Set up cooking equipment and exhaust hood
• Check that utensil are clean enough for food preparation
• Wrap food according to wrap chart
• Prepare trays for patients ensuring the provision of all portions
ABC Company – Las Vegas, NV | 2009-2013
• Gathered reusable leftover food and place appropriately
• Filtered and clean fryers
• Ensured adequate food supply
• Kept the work area clean and sanitized at all times
High School Diploma
Las Vegas High School, Las Vegas, NV
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Proven ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Able to work on weekends on a rotating shift
• Exceptional communication skills