The purpose of a writing cover letter for a material handler position is to get your attached resume read and obtain an interview consequently. When writing your letter, you should be extremely careful and put your best efforts to make it a compelling piece of writing.
You should always craft a customized material handler cover letter in accordance with the job description provided by the employer.
How to Write a Cover Letter for Material Handler Position?
- Mention your qualifications and abilities that parallel the requirements of the prospective employer.
- Read the material handler job description carefully and customize your cover letter accordingly.
- Emphasize your skills using bullet points in the body of the cover letter.
The following cover letter for a material handler resume is designed in a way that caters to the overall needs of the employer. Feel free to modify this letter as per your requirements.
Sample Cover Letter for Material Handler
53 11th Street, # 3 C
Forest Park, OH 96687
July 23, 2020
Mr. Arnold Doe
The Hillman Group
922 Some Street
Forest Park, OH 96332
Dear Mr. Doe:
Through my online search for Material Handler job, I came across your need for the same at The Hillman Group. Your advertisement particularly caught my eye because I possess all the necessary qualifications and skills given in the job description.
As can be seen on the attached resume, I am a hardworking and committed individual who has extensive experience working in different warehouse settings. With a specialized course in workplace safety and OSHA certification, I can meet and exceed your expectations.
Specifically, I excel in:
- Transporting raw materials to particular areas and returning the same to their appropriate locations.
- Loading/unloading and maintaining materials and merchandise.
- Performing required inventory control transactions.
- Keeping warehouse and production areas neat and orderly.
- Performing general housekeeping duties including sweeping, collecting trash, and collecting damaged products.
Furthermore, I have excellent physical stamina and be able to lift up to 35 pounds without help. I am also familiar with Microsoft Windows and Word and have a profound ability to read, write, and perform simple math calculations. The attached resume thoroughly details my qualifications and skills.
I believe that I can make a positive contribution to The Hillman Group in the role of a material handler. I and look forward to discussing my skills and experience with you in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.