The nature of material handler duties varies from one place to another depending on the needs of the employer. Generally, material handlers are employed by warehouses to assist in loading and unloading of trucks in addition to packing or wrapping of materials.
Candidates often find it difficult to formulate their job duties when creating the experience section of the resume. If you are facing the same problem, we offer the solution!
Below are some sample job descriptions and preferred skills for a material handler job. These can be used to build an ideal resume for the material handler position.
Sample Job Description and Duties for Material Handler Resume
- Processed incoming and outgoing shipping transactions.
- Posted receipts, and material transfers to the warehouse.
- Processed and tracked inventory transfers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Packed, unpacked, and sorted materials.
- Organized material in warehouse racks using an inventory system
- Operated pallet jacks and forklifts as and when needed.
- Loaded and unloaded materials and merchandise to and from trucks.
- Kept track of orders shipped through the timely filing of data in relevant inventories.
- Ensured the appropriate labeling of items.
- Packed the materials appropriately before loading it for dispatching.
- Kept track of all orders and dispatch priority orders first.
- Kept the stock inventory updated.
- Located material and packed products in the warehouse as and when needed.
- Scanned the material manually while stocking and notified the supervisor immediately if any deficit is visible.
- Entered daily transaction information in the related software.
- Supported in distribution by timely picking, wrapping, packing, and loading of ordered material for clients.
- Assembled crates for loading, using hand tools if needed.
- Installed bracing, padding, and strapping to loaded materials in the vehicle to ensure safe and secure dispatching of ordered material.
- Maintained the workplace and warehouse in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- Adhered to workplace safety protocols at all times.