Restaurant waiters greet customers, offer them seats at an appropriate place, take and deliver the order and ensure the accuracy of the order.
They are also expected to make sure that customers are enjoying their meals and that nothing is amiss. Additionally, they serve beverages and prepare and serve specialty dishes too.
They should be able to portray a professional demeanor while remaining courteous at all times.
A restaurant waiter’s resume needs to have some extra spice in it – no pun intended!
As these professionals are responsible for providing service excellence within a restaurant environment, they are chosen with care and after much scrutiny.
Their job application package needs to be perfect – especially their cover letter and resume.
If you are in the process of writing/updating a resume for a restaurant waiter position, the following resume example will help you.
Related: Waiter Resume with No Experience
Restaurant Waiter Resume Example
590 Bear Cub Street
Wentzville, MO 80072
“I am committed to total patron satisfaction through the provision of exceptional table service.”
• Passionate foodservice professional with 10+ years of progressive experience as a waiter and server at renowned restaurants
• Competent at servicing banquets and managing special events at a restaurant
• Effectively set up tables, and prepare and serve food and beverages according to set instructions
• Track record of upselling through suggestive selling techniques
• Exceptional sales and customer service acumen
May 2015 – Present
ITALIANO, Wentzville, MO
• Welcome customers as they arrive and ask for seating preferences
• Seat customers and offer welcome drinks and menu
• Take food and beverage orders and communicate to the kitchen through POS system
• Deliver orders to the table promptly
• Ensure quantity, quality, and accuracy of order
• Set up food stations and tables as directed
• Clean tables and ensure that they are bussed appropriately
• Mix and serve drinks as directed
• Increased profits by $5000 per month through effectively cross-selling and up-selling menu items.
• Suggested a program of gift cards with lunch meals which led to a high volume of clientele at a time of low customer traffic.
• Developed an excellent team of servers through effective training and leadership.
• Increased employee morale by suggesting the ‘Employee of the Month’ contest.
Sep 2011 – May 2015
CITY RESTAURANT, Wentzville, MO
• Picked orders from the kitchen and delivered to the customers
• Ensured the cleanliness of all countertops and tables in the restaurant
• Filled glasses with beverages as instructed
• Solicited customers to fill in comment cards
• Washed dishes and prepared salads when needed
Wentzville High School, Wentzville, OH | 2002
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
– Need Anticipation
– Writing/Taking Orders
– F&B Service
– Menu Presentation
– Identification Checking
– Table Preparation
– Answering Phone
– Menu Recommendation
– Bill Generation
– Payment Collection
– POS System
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and follow food sanitation and safety protocols
• Deep understanding of foodservice equipment operations
• Working knowledge of housekeeping procedures
• High degree of personal cleanliness
• Willing to work flexible hours