A resume for a motorcycle technician is a document designed to highlight your professionalism, skills, expertise, and achievements. It should be written with the ultimate goal of taking you to the next step in the job hunt, i.e., a job interview.
To win an interview, it is crucial to build your resume in an employer-centered manner by showcasing exactly the skills being sought by your target employer.
The following example will guide you on how to write an excellent resume for a motorcycle technician job.
Sample Resume for Motorcycle Technician Position
866 Yankee’s Lane, Houston, TX 56333
kevin . joe @ email . com
Poised to put your success in Top Gear.
Dedicated and meticulous Motorcycle Technician with hands-on experience in diagnosis and repairing of a diverse range of motorcycles including Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Aprilia, Vespa, and Kymco. Particularly useful in creating accurate estimates for repair of damaged motorcycles. Focused on providing quality service work. C/M1 class driving license with excellent driving record.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
• Assisted in road testing, preventive maintenance, and assessment of 25 motorcycles single-handedly in March 2020 for the Houston’s Annual Motorbike Rally held the same year in May
• Completed paid Harley Davison training and achieved the status of Harley Davison Certified motorcycle mechanic during the second year of employment
• Attained “Best Mechanic of the Month” award five times during the tenure
MECHANICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
• Engine service and repair
• Suspension adjustment
• Carburetor tuning
• Wheel tuning/lacing
• Fuel injection management
• Parts assembly/ disassembly
• Chassis repair
• Fuel injection
• Malfunction diagnosis
AZ Solutions, Houston, TX
Dec 2015 – Present
• Perform Diagnosis and Trouble Shooting of technical malfunctions
• Assess overall vehicle performance including ignition time, fuel efficiency, and generator output using testing panels and issue tentative cost estimations based on the same
• Assemble and disassemble motorcycles coming in for spare parts replacement
• Utilize hand and power tools including arbor presses to fix, repair and replace defective parts of motorcycles safely
• Adjust and fine-tune motorcycle components including brakes, forks, transmission box, and drive chains
Harley Davison Motor Works, Houston, TX
Mar 2010 – Dec 2015
• Assessed engine efficiency via computerized methods and devised plans to enhance the vehicles’ economy
• Carried out motorcycle repairing and subassembly adjustment on various motorcycles that came in for fixing
• Worked efficiently as per instructions of the senior motorcycle technician
• Maintained the repairing equipment and tools in neat, clean, oiled, and functional condition at all times
Harley-Davidson Training | 2010
High School Diploma
Rosaline School, Houston, TX | 2009
• Good physical dexterity
• Trained in MMI and WyoTech