A resume for motorcycle technician is a document designed to highlight your professionalism, skills, expertise and achievements with an ultimate goal of taking you to the next step in job hunt, i.e. a job interview.
To win an interview, it is important to build your resume in an employer centered manner by showcasing exactly the skills being sought by your target employer.
The following example will guide you how to write a great resume for motorcycle technician job.
866 Yankee’s Lane ● Houston, TX 56333
cellular: (005) 222-3333 ● Home: (006) 444-7777
kevin . joe @ email . com
Eager to put your success in Top Gear.
Professional Summary: Dedicated and meticulous Motorcycle Technician with hands-on experience in diagnosis and repairing of a diverse range of motorcycles including Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Aprilia, Vespa and Kymco. Particularly effective in creating accurate estimates for repair of damaged motorcycles. Focused on providing quality service work. C/M1 class driving license with excellent driving record.
|MECHANICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES|
|• Engine service and repair||• Wheel tuning/lacing||• Chassis repair|
|• Suspension adjustment||• Fuel injection management||• Fuel injection|
|• Carburetor tuning||• Parts assembly/ disassembly||• Malfunction diagnosis|
• Assisted in road testing, preventive maintenance and assessment of 25 motorcycles single handedly during the month of March, 2013 for the Houston’s Annual Motorbike Rally held same year in May
• Completed paid Harley Davison training and achieved the status of Harley Davison Certified motorcycle mechanic during second year of employment
• Attained Mechanic of the Month title five times during the tenure
AZ Solutions, Houston, TX | 2012 – Present
• Perform Diagnosis and Trouble Shooting of technical malfunctions
• Assess overall vehicle performance including ignition time, fuel efficiency and generator output using testing panels and issue tentative cost estimations based on same
• Assemble and disassemble motorcycles coming in for spare parts replacement
• Utilize hand and power tools including arbor presses to fix, repair and replace defective parts of motor cycles safely
• Adjust and fine tune motor cycle components including brakes, forks, transmission box and drive chains in accordance with the specifications attached to the motorcycle make
Harley Davison Motor Works, Houston, TX | 2010 – 2012
• Assessed engine efficiency via computerized methods and devised plans to enhance the vehicles’ economy
• Carried out motorcycle repairing and sub assembly adjustment on various motorcycles that came in for repairing
• Worked efficiently as per instructions of the senior motorcycle technician
• Maintained the repairing equipment and tools in neat, clean, oiled and functional condition at all times
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Harley-Davidson Training | 2010
High School Diploma | Rosaline School, Houston, TX | 2009
• Good manual dexterity
• Trained in MMI and WyoTech